free hit
counters
Wish me luck - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Wish me luck

rogerch

I’m off later today to one of our major hospitals that can accommodate a vascular surgeon. If we’re lucky I get to have at least 1 of my major arteries to my legs repaired, that’s if it’s an easy fix, otherwise I have to go back at a later date. Either way they won’t do both at one time.

It’s not serious, (that’s what I’m telling myself) but any time someone is going to mess around with major arteries it’s probably not a walk in the park either, and I do admit to some apprehension.

The good thing is that all the pain and lose of mobility had been put down solely to the spinal injury, no one though to look to see if there was any artery damage, so the prospect of getting more functionality to my legs is very exciting, but I’m trying not to get my hopes up too much, around January I seriously considered selling the car because I couldn’t handle the clutch and doubted my ability to put enough pressure on the brake pedal to stop it in an emergency, I’m improved since then but there’s still a lot riding on this.:thumbup:

• Like 1

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Best of luck with the surgery, Roger. Vascular issues are never fun to deal with, but today's surgeons carry a bag of tricks that only a few years ago would have bordered on magic. Here's to a swift and successful recovery.doc.gif

(ps, I recommend the kangaroo arterial graft........you know, for that extra kick on the clutch pedal.)biggrin.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

All the best for the op mate.

Alan

PS Slightly off topic, but I have had a look into options for making the clutch lighter as I have a dodgy knee. There are several options (clutch assist spring, different types / makes of clutch, hydraulic assist). Send me a PM or start another thread if you have not explored these already.

All the best for a successful op and speedy revovery.

PS Do you know which 'wing' you'll be in?

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Good luck matey. My dads mate had a spacer inserted in his artery to open it up, right next to the heart and he was out in 2 days and no probs at all, so I'm sure it'll all go well.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Bloody fantastic !

:animier: :animier: :animier: :animier: :animier: :animier: :animier:

I've gone from draging a dead concrete weight around on my right hip to floating on air, it's fantastic !!!

The morning after I was able to walk uphill without pain for the first time in a long time. So that's the worse of two done, so I'm champing at the bit to get the left one done now. I have to take easy for the first week or so, but this is fantastic, I'm lovin' it.

I was even checking out my heel positions on the way home in readyness for left foot braking !

On a serious note, we take so much for granted and yet so often it's really simple stuff, like seeing, or walking that can be the most rewarding. I am so very grateful to the team who did such a fantastic job on me. :respect: I feel like a kid again.:thumbsup:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Great news, Roger!thumbup.gif

How did you end up with concrete hips in the first place? Anything to do with Tony Soprano?dry.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

PS Do you know which 'wing' you'll be in?

:thumbsup::rofl::animier: :animier:

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Great news, Roger. Was it a case of "A stent in time saves nine?" Either way, I'm glad to read that it went so well and you still have the improvement in the other leg to look forwards to. Good stuff.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Great news Roger! Am off to Brands tomorrow as my darling wife is marshalling for the MG Car Club there but today I have practice to do for a wedding so I will play something loud and glorious on th organ for you to celebrate. And I will make sure the doors of the church are wide open!!!!sorcerer.gif

Edited by IanQ

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Great news Roger!!

Glad things went well and if you are skipping about like a young thing now just imagine how you will be once the other one is done :thumbsup:

All the best for a speedy recovery to full strength.

Cheers

Gordon

Hi Roger

I'm glad to here you are on the road to recovery, it sounds like you may be able to keep your beasty after all. Do you have a date for the other leg yet ?

Well done that man.

Too many Toys are never enough !

Thank you all for your kind words, I have to say it has been a fantastic week! I went to the beach for a swim on Sunday afternoon (drove rather than cycled) walking back up the hill to the car park I bumped into a friend who hadn't seen me fro 2 weeks, he couldn't believe it was me stridding out up the hill. Back to see the surgeon on the 27th and hopefully arrange to do the other one, then I'll be dangerous. (must read up on left foot braking) :)