free hit
counters
Grand National - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Grand National

Bibs

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Office sweepstake is the only form of Betting I do each year (other than riding to work on the scooter of course)

This year I have pulled out State of Play at 19-1 poor nag will probably get shot!!!

Will have pub lunch and then stay there to watch It, nipping in and out of the beer garden on what I think will be a pukka day.

Have two donkeys on the work sweep and will also do the pub sweep and will get a bet on too probably.

TBH I just like being with lots of people watching it and having some pints.

:unsure:

I'm liking the look of Niche Market.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It's a Turkey shoot really! I reckon your best bet is one of the higher odds horses each way rather than to win. Though my friend did win with the 100-1 shot last year! Shame he only put 50p on him!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

The fences have become less daunting recently so the quality horses have more chance. This means the top 10 in the market should provide the winner. I don't know how last years winner was 100/1 as it was fancied by connections and had solid enough form.

Not a race in which I bet as my one bet in the race was Little Polvier who fell 6 out when going well, and then returned the following year to win.......without my money.

• Gold FFM

I like a punt (and I do mean like a punt) that being said, I would never place any money on the Grand National as it is THE biggest lottery on the sporting callender. As much as I enjoy the spectacle of 40 Horses trying to run a grueling 4 half miles, whilst I'm enjoying one or two cold ones, I still prefer to have the smallest chance of a return based upon form as oposed to total luck.

Tip of the day - don't bet on the National.

Second tip of the day - Mumbai Indians to beat Kings XI Punjab in the Cricket IPL today at 3pm :unsure:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Ian, want a safe bet then bet on Chelsea to beat Bolton at home! But your odds are poo!

It's the lottery aspect that makes you enjoy the National! 3 bets of £1 and any winner will pay you off each way!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

A win is a win - odds are irrelivant

No such thing as a safe bet with football - example (Man Utd 3 - 0 up this week at 1/20 to qualify at the time and then still didn't qualify)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Seabiscuit by a furlong.animier.gif

Reporter: Awful lotta hoopla for such a little horse.

Red Pollard: Though he be but little, he is fierce.

Reporter: What's that?

Red Pollard: That's Shakespeare, boys, Shakespeare.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.