free hit
counters
Lotus Elite for £200 anyone Interested ? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin H

Lotus Elite for £200 anyone Interested ?

Found this on SELOC and just thought that someone on here might be interested.

http://forums.seloc.....php?tid=258998

Seems that it is in need of a good home, surely someone would be able to use it ?

It seems a crime to me to let it sit there and rot away.

Come on Guys lets find it a home help.gif

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You can't see that link unless you register and join Seloc.

:thumbsup:

So to help those that are not, here is the full posting:

Abandoned Lotus Elite - £200 - interested?

Spotted the following at a salvage yard today. Was abandoned in a corner, not advertised anywhere, just left to rot. I asked some questions; they are really keen to get rid of it. As soon as I showed some interest they were all over me "any reasonable offer accepted" etc. Eventually they said that £200 would seal the deal, and offered me £50 to find a buyer. I was surprised how much I liked it - and felt very sorry for it. There is no engine in place, but there is one next to it under a tarpaulin.... 'nearly everything is there'

Is this of interest to anyone? Car is located near Cardiff.

I dont even know what they are worth, or even if they are decent cars. Bit before my time to be honest.... I'm not interested in the £50 offered, would settle for a ride in it if anyone ever managed to get it going.

I think it would look lovely restored Apologies for the crap phone pics.

IMAGE_095.jpg

IMAGE_096.jpg

IMAGE_097.jpg

IMAGE_098.jpg

Hi Paul, do you have a contact number email address etc, for the guy who discovered this one. Could be interested for some parts and may be prepared to buy whole car to obtain them.

Thanks Mike

PS thanks for down loading as not member of seloc

I put that up so people did not have to join to see it mate, i'm a member but never post or read i like it there that much!

:)

Follow the first link and join, then you can PM him. Like here direct Email addresses are quite rightly hidden and if you are interested thats the thing to do, then you will also be able to read the whole thread, see if it's still available etc. Mind how you go, there are a lot of nasty pricks on that forum, with a little gang of mates that follow them from thread to thread joining in like a pack of dogs, it's not like here...

:rolleyes:

Guest mkelite

................at around £200 a BARGAIN piece of art even just to put in your living room. DC.

................at around £200 a BARGAIN piece of art even just to put in your living room. DC.

:rolleyes:

Love the scenario:

Vicki gets home from work to find a tired old Elite in the living room...

"what the hell is THAT???"

"It's art!"

One minute later the frying pan has a perfect indentation of my face in it.

Guest mkelite

forget the frying pan................you'd still have a piece of art in your living room. u cant say fairer than that! u know it makes sense and cheaper than a bronze on the mantle piece.................... regards. DC.

And no matter how little attention you give it in the form of polish cleaning etc, it's never going to look less pristine than it does now.

Guest mkelite

you see, the REAL problem with art is........... no one appreciates it till theres none left.......................... DC.

Hi Guys

Sorry the origional Link did not work. blush.gif

Just when i saw it posted i straight away though that on here it would possibly find a home alot easier.

And just for the record Paul C, I use SELOC for reading the topics to learn a bit more about my New car i am getting and i am NOT one of the Nasty Pri*ks who follow people around from thread to thread like a pack of dogs. sad.gif

Any future items of interest i see on there i will keep them to myself thumbup.gif

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin, No dont keep them to your self. you did the right thing in putting it on here, many of us are not members of other sites so your reporting of this is important. no matter how old and decrepid a Lotus, there is always some one looking for bits, or for a complete car for restoration, thats what I am doing, and with out people like you flaging up the odd ones that turn up from time to time, we may all be deprived of another Lotus being saved.

Keep up the good work

Mike

Hi Mike,

I just saw it and thought how sad as it would have been someones pride and joy at some point.

Hopefully something on it maybe of some use to someone, or maybe it will find a home with an enthusiast.

But for £200 i think it desreves a good home.

More of a reader than a poster me, so i will keep my eyes open for other cars of interest.

Cheers

Kevin

£200 and near Cardiff and an empty garage....???

Oh dear, please someone tell me NO.... Please....!

I've lon lost my Seloc login, please someone tell me where it is, which salvage yard

As you've got one of your Lotus running, Simon, I think you need another non-runner. Now you are married you need to turn your thoughts to a Lotus that can take you, Lisa and any offspring you add to your family. Sounds like just what you want, no, not want but what you need. Can't go wrong for 200 smackers. :rolleyes:

You know Trevor, seeing that Simon is married, if he were to buy that car and the missus disapproves, he might end up with 200 smackers. :rolleyes:

hi guys , an old elite as art, remember dear tracy emin's definition of art; "art is what the artist says is art" so get the old thing into the living room and then your wife can hang the abused frying pan on the wall and say that it is art too.gathering.gif

Guest mkelite

c'mon an Elite is most definately a piece of art, a G Esprit is, a Panther J72 is, a Jaguar E Type is, a Morgan +8 is..............shall i go on n bore u? DC.

K, just tried to retrieve my password on SELOC but it's registered to an email address that's no longer available to me and you can't contact an administrator to sort the problem out without logging in.

Is there anyone on here that could help out with getting a message across? My login name is the same as on here. :)

Would at least like the opportunity to take a look at this piece of garden art in person :)

Hi Guys

Sorry the origional Link did not work. blush.gif

Just when i saw it posted i straight away though that on here it would possibly find a home alot easier.

And just for the record Paul C, I use SELOC for reading the topics to learn a bit more about my New car i am getting and i am NOT one of the Nasty Pri*ks who follow people around from thread to thread like a pack of dogs. sad.gif

Any future items of interest i see on there i will keep them to myself thumbup.gif

Cheers

Kevin

Dry your eyes matey!

You can't see that link unless you register and join Seloc.

So to help those that are not, here is the full posting...

It was a helpful link with a smiley face on it. What do you think is most likely:

1, That i would log onto a forum i dislike and never use, find the thread in question, copy and paste the post, open a reply page on here, quote and paste the text, get the image properties from four images on Seloc, copy each one and add it with image tags, then post up the whole lot on a thread about a car i have no interest at all in, soley for the reason it will help people out.

or...

2, I did it to wind you up.

Think about it. ;)

Simon, am PMing you my email and logon so you can sign into seloc as me and contact the guy. Don't get clever and use my account to call them all a bunch of cocks though, as if you look in my post history while you are there, you will see i already have, lots!