free hit
counters
Where do I get Lotus Esprit V8 Cataylitic converters? - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
walsercl

Where do I get Lotus Esprit V8 Cataylitic converters?

My catalytic converters are shot on my 2000 Lotus Esprit V8. I of course don't want to pony up for the OEM cats and am wondering what any fellow Lotus Esprit V8 drivers did in this situation and where I can find these parts? I don't want to go without them as I am subject to emission testing. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Just let me know what exhaust/cat options are out there for me in the United States?

Thanks,

Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would say most people go the route of custom stainless steel systems. There are plenty of places here in the UK who will, if you leave the car with them for a few hours, make up excellent systems.

I Chris,

I sell these on my site www.espritperformance.com Sorry for the shameless plug. I'll check stock to see if I have any. I can do 200 cell and 100 cell. I would recommend 200 cell, 100 is for track use only.

Regards,

David

And as said many times ... If someone not wants to buy a complete new catalyst with connecting face for turbo/silencer -> just open the Lotus stock catalyst casing around the fabricated weld line, and add the centre piece of those various cheap round metal based 200-cell aftermarket (e-bay !) into the original place :thumbsup:

It's damn easy for an DIY owner.. just try it out !

Or if you're not able to 'cut & weld' ...buy from Dave or Larini or one of the other mentioned exhaust system fabrications/dealers in UK/USA ...but think most will have stainless Larini, or 'hand crafted' free market catalysts fitted between original tubing with the right connections.

As a side note to Gunters response, perhaps if you aren't able to cut and weld yourself, perhaps you can find a local welder who would do it for you.

This may sound like cutting corners but Gunter has a point. You can buy cats off Ebay for peanuts and if you or your local welder can cut and shut then if will save you a small fortune. Just a small tip, spot weld the cat set up on car so it fits then take off and weld up properly otherwise you could get angles and lengths wrong.

If you get stuck just drop me a pm.

David

Thank you everyone for your suggestions...I am looking at using the sports exhaust from Quicksilver to replace the muffler and several different places for the high flow cats. I am contacting some performance shops around St. Louis for the welding and will provide your guidance.

Thanks again,

Chris

i am currently doing my cats once cats were remove from the car the whole job took me about an 1 hour. i cut off the cat section and welded on a 100mm dia 200cspi sports cats and a section of stainless tube. the total cost was £210. and they look the dogs bollocks ! and they fit nice too !

these pics are just before i welded up completly

post-6032-127248808652.jpg