free hit
counters
Stunning Re-Engineered 90 Esprit SE - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lotusforsale.com

Stunning Re-Engineered 90 Esprit SE

This is a unique creation – a totally re-engineered and upgraded Esprit SE that performs better than a V8, resolves many of the reliability issues of this generation of Lotus and has a flawless fit-and-finish, better than factory, with a custom interior to match. The starting point was a damaged 1990 SE with 30K on the clock - the endpoint is a fully reconditioned and re-engineered, John Welch-tuned, 375+ bhp lightweight supercar with the look of an ’04 V8 and over $50k in parts, paint and service costs. This car easily has thousands of man-hours in the restoration/rebuild/upgrade. I am selling this car – VERY reluctantly – to help pay for my passion for racing. All aspects of the car have been re-engineered, upgraded or otherwise improved, including:Body:• Stunning, color-sanded and polished show car paint• 2004 V8 front & rear bumper, side sills and rear light panel from SJ Sports Cars• New windshield• Round taillights• V8 style rear wing• Customized V8 rear hatch (totally unique – slight power bulge to clear over-sized intercooler)• PIAA performance driving lights• Color-matching door handlesInterior:• Custom black and tan leather work• Brand new custom black carpeting• Custom Lotus black and tan floor mats• Tan leather Lotus Elise thin shell seats with custom, fully adjustable, machined aluminum brackets• Aluminum and leather RAID steering wheel with functional airbag• All stock insulation removed and replaced with dynamat sound and thermal liners• Brand new VDO all electric Speedo, Tach and boost gauges• Custom gloss black (piano lacquer) dash• Awesome 10 speaker Blaupunkt stereo with amp• Window tracks and window motors rebuilt with larger dedicated wire, relay pack installed and new brushes (these windows actually work – and fast!)Engine:• All new seals including head gasket, intake and exhaust• Water and oil pump rebuilt• New, custom front oil coolers• Adjustable cam pulley• Custom 3” stainless Magnaflow exhaust with high flow racing CAT• Wideband Zeitronix O2 sensor• Head removed and cleaned with valve guides replaced as needed• Multi-angle valve job done• All valves adjusted and re-shimmed• All belts replacedElectrical:• ALL sensors replaced• New GM ECU• Custom Memcal from John Welch at WC EngineeringFuel System:• Walbro high flow fuel pump• AN-6 braided steel fuel lines• All Earls fittings• RC Racing 370 CC primary and secondary injectors• Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator• Fuel pressure gauge• Fuel tanks removed, stripped resealed and coatedIgnition:• MSD ignition coils• New spark plug wiresTurbo System:• Garrett GT3071R ceramic ball bearing turbo• Custom high pressure Forge wastegate actuator• New Lotus header• Aircraft grade steel reinforced double walled silicon intake tubing• K&N air filter with “ram air” modification• Massive custom built Bell charge cooler• High flow electric charge cooler pump• Manual boost control valveGearbox:• Stripped, cleaned with all new seals• 5th gear rebuild • Shift linkage changed to later V8 style to improve shifter feelSuspension:• New 2005 Lotus Bilstein & Eibach suspension • New radius arms in the rear• Custom camber adjustable upper control arms in the rear• Polyurethane bushings all the way around• Late model V8 OZ Racing wheels• Yokohama Advan Neova tiresClutch:• New S4s clutch and pressure plate• Resurfaced flywheel• New master cylinder• New slave cylinder• Braided steel clutch lineBrakes:• Front four piston mono-block Brembo calipers• Large cross drilled rotors and hats from JAE parts• Braided steel lines from JAE• EBC brake padsI love everything about this car and know it like the back of my hand. I would be more than happy to answer any questions about the car or just chat about the Esprit in general. I would really like this car to find a good home with a fellow Lotus enthusiast who will take care of it. Additional pictures available on request. I am asking $37,500 (USD)

View the full article

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.