free hit
counters
Missed the songkran deadline - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
saraphee

Missed the songkran deadline

Despite everyone's best effort my Elite will remaion in Tavee's workshop over the week long Sangkran holiday.

Apparebntly the P.O. had cut down the height of the fibreglass around the tailgate rim, leaving nothing to fix the new tailgate seal to.

This threw the team into such confusion, meaning the have to re-fibre the area, that all work ceased as it was too close to the holiday to start that, so all the other little bits, like putting the bonnet back on, have been left until re-opening on the 19th.

Here's where we got to:-

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Rex she is looking stunning, and colour looks very very nice indeed. nice to see you have all bright work sorted, What is the interior going to be cloth or leather?

I am hopeing to get some or all of rear suspension off this weekend, as weather here is very good,dry sunny and quite warm,ideal weather for laying around and removing nuts and bolts at ones leisure, but think my son wants help with his Subaru replacing rubber brake hoses with goodrich ones, and replace hand brake shoes, so guess that will come first as is his needed for Monday morning.

Keep us all enthralled with your build.

Regards

Mike

Like Mike said, your car looks fantastic. As they say, all good things are worth waiting for. Looking at that picture, the finished car will be something special.

I'm just back from my Songkran break in Cambodia, visiting Siem Reap and the amazing sites of Angkor, including the world's largest religious building, Angkor Wat.

This morning most of Thailand will also resume normal working after their New Year holiday and I shall go to see Tavee to discuss how quickly he can proceed.

Mike, sadly the brightwork is not completely sorted. The original aluminium had been painted to match the body colour - and all the surfaces had been sanded to provide a key, they are ruined.

A few months back I sourced a complete replacement set from eBay and most of them are in OK/usable condition. But when we came to fit the Rear Quarter Light External Finisher we found that they had been sawn about 3/8ths of an inch short. This looks awful and, although I know these parts are as rare as hen's teeth ( and they can't be flown out yet , thanks to volcanic ash) I shall be phoning Lotusbits in the next couple of days, hoping against hope that some will be available!

The P.O. had re-upholstered the car in black leather, most of which is in very good condition. I shall need to patch in a couple of repairs as well as recovering the replacement dash as I changed from LH to RH drive. The car as purchased also had black headlining and carpets. These will be changed to pale gray (SJSportscars) and mid-gray (locally cut Wilton from UK) respectively.

The timescale seems a little wonky at the moment, it seems the harder I wish the slower it goes.