free hit
counters
wheels again ! - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PilotSteve

wheels again !

hi guys ,i should like to pick your ample brains ,and experience,was thinking about keeping my original bbs wheels safe as they seem to be becoming difficult to find, talked to a very helpful chap at compmotive who recommended their 18 in wheels for my s3 with the correct stagger etc figured 245/40 18 rear 205/40/18 front would be same dia anyone tried this comb ?or could i fit s4 rims 17 ins i believe you have to machine the wheel due hub dia any thoughts sorry to offend the purist !!!rgds steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Steve,

The s4 wheels will not fit as the bolt pattern is different on the later cars, your car is PCD 120x 5 ET minus 20 rear and posotive 23 front with a hub centric bore of 71mm, It all depends what style your after, if your after modern rims or old looking rims, compomotive are a good firm and will help you out no end, I personally think there 3 peice rims look very nice, but if your spending decent money dont stick with spec sizes, I run 17x8 with 215 40 17 on the front and 18x10 et +1 on the rears with 275 35 18 tyres but i use a 40mm spacer on the rear, as i used the motorsport alloys, if you go for the 3 peice rims it would be worth going wider and altering the offset to fill the rear arches a little more!

thxs a lot ,yes chris at compmotive was very helpful suggested 18dia 8/10 respectively think 265/40/18 should be the right dia to keep gear ratio/speedo correct he said that the mo series looks good on my s3 and guaranteed the offset would be correct will this size /aspect ratio/ tyre greatly affect the the ride/handling ? i appreciate the info rgds s