free hit
counters
Essex Porsche Club BBQ - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
andydclements

Essex Porsche Club BBQ

bad news for those that felt it would be good to do this again in 2010, it's the same day as the Snetterton event, which is a great pity. It was a nice event, let down only by the fact it was an evening during the week.

So, for those who want to go, link attached but I'm assuming I'll be at Snetterton instead.

http://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=18525

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is that the same event? The Porsche BBQ is just cars on a golf course, grub and a drink. There weren't any activities apart from a band and there aren't any tickets to buy either.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Bibs, yes same event, but because it's being opened up it's changing name and getting officially sponsored by heart FM.

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/essex-scooby-crew-362/822690-porsche-summer-bbq-20th-june-2010-a.html

Chris, 20th June (Sunday).

It gets sponsored and you have to pay for tickets? :D Sounds like a crap sponsorship deal to me! :angry:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

But you have the joy of bouncy castles and lots of kids running round, not just a car meet for petrol heads.

PS, Is there a special font on here for sarcasm?

Haha, I'll get one installed. Shame, that was a superb event with tonnes of ace cars. :D

Evora NA

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, what have they done? I'm an Essex boy and not far from Chelmsford, why have they gone and done this? as Bibs says it used to be a good informal meet with car enthusiats.

Better off going to the local Pistonheads meet at The Lodge.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

it's for charity chaps so good on them, should still do the golf course as well though.

But I'll be in Norfolkshire with Andy!

Dave.

Still sounds good, it's great to look at other cars for a change, I'm going, anyone fancy joining??

I assume it's still at the same Golf Course?? Shame it's not a decent radio station though!

Edited by esprit22

Hylands Park Chris!

Dave.

So where the hey is that then? Dont tell me, it's a park called Hylands....

Just checked it out, it's the massive field area thats used for the "V" festivals.

Dont think it's worth booking ticket in advance just in case it pisses down, be a bit like Woodstock on a bad day!

Edited by esprit22

If you display your car its free, but you have to be there before 10

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Chris,

That's 10 in the morning mate, you've got no chance.

Sign in to follow this