free hit
counters
Elite Fuel Cap - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Emmerg

Elite Fuel Cap

Page 99 Classic & Sports Car May 2010 - look familiar to anyone ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

will email it to you Mark - haven't worked out how to make images small enough to post....

Cobra.jpg?t=1271285037

I have pondered on it's origins before, TBH even on a design of the early 70s it looks terribly dated (one of the elements I would clean up on my "dream" Elite) and this photograph proves how ancient it really is! What's the guess as to it's origins, Triumph Herald? Sunbeam Alpine? Jaguar?

Edited by LooseCannon

TVR used it too - saw this - with a lock - on a 1970s Taimar at Brands Hatch today

Malvern2010amdBrandsHatchMay2010251.jpg

Guest mkelite

i think it was originally used on early jaguar xj6 saloons. a BL part? think it was the series 1 or 2 xj6? DC.

correction...............

.................nah. im wrong. just looked at one of my old Jag books. not the same. i just cant remember what it came from. getting old see. im sure someone on this forums daddy worked at Lotus and knows..................... DC.

Edited by mkelite

Wow the deluxe lockable version! Just found they are called "Presto" fuel caps and must have been a parts bin choice for many sportscars of the 60s/70s. You can buy them from Europa autospares

Europa