free hit
counters
NMEG convoy to Donnington - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

NMEG convoy to Donnington

esprit350

Graham (backmarker) and I are meeting at 8 am to drive in convoy to donnington,

(Graham please post details of the pub we are meeting at cos I have forgotten)

Dave (one shot) is leaving from the Cannock area)

any one wishes to join him in convoy , then let him know please

Howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plan that was wonderfully hatched over bacon butties at the Little Thief in Whitchurch this last weekend was that the North Midland Esprit Group would travel in convoy over to Donington. Having had a look at the road map and the whereabouts of our members it was decided that we would meet at the Darlaston Inn, Stone, Staffordshire, which sits in the middle of the roundabout, where the A34 joins the A51. We will meet at 8am (alas the pub will not be open) and move on en-masse at 8.15am. We will pick up the A520 out of Stone and then the A50 at Blythe Bridge. We want to be Donington for 9am before the car park is full.

We want as many of you guys and gals to join us for the drive in.

We're still hoping to tempt Dave (Oneshot) to come and join us rather than him making his own way from Cannock!

The more the merrier

Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I should be used to taking the long way to donnington now,

my co-pilot who 'new the way' well ..... we ended up at j28 of the m1 and had to come back down ! 100 mile trip insted of 50 :blink: .

That should not happen again , got sat nav And carry a map.

I will have to let you know whats happening nearer the date.

Dave

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Dave,

Hope you can join us. By joining the convoy, you won't need map or Sat Nav.......we'll do all that for you.

Backmarker

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Backmarker,

I take it the NMEG Pub meet location postcode is ST15 0PX. Looking at the directions for me as you said its virtually on my way.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the morning ahead of Donington.

Ps. this is planned for Sunday 19th March, right? :blink: ?

Carl,

Bang on about the date mate. Post Code looks about right. You can't miss the place. You'll drive past Trentham Gardens along the A34 heading towards Stafford, through the village of Tittensor (Be very careful, two speed cameras set at 40mph even though you're on a dual carriageway !) past two more 60mph cameras (easy to lose your licence on the journey into work in just one day !) and then its the roundabout. The pub entrance will mean that you'll virtually have to go all the way round the roundabout as it's more or less opposite the A51 junction.

As you can read from these posts, we're meeting at 8am and then moving on to Donny at 8.15am.

See ya there and good to have you along.

Graham.

Guys

For my benefit could one of you NMEG guys just list whos joining this run to Donington. Just a heads up so I can put names to faces easier when we meet up.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all and hoping it stays dry for the day.

Many thanks

Carl

Guys

For my benefit could one of you NMEG guys just list whos joining this run to Donington. Just a heads up so I can put names to faces easier when we meet up.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all and hoping it stays dry for the day.

Many thanks

Carl

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Carl,

Two of the crew (Dave and Howard) have been volunteered for parking duties at Donington on the Sunday morning so they'll be making there own way there now. We're still waiting on Dodgy Dave to confirm his attendance (any chance Dave ?) so that leaves just me and you...............introductions shouldn't be too difficult. I'm the one with the Silk Red S4 :lol:

If V8Esprit comes along with you then perhaps the proper terminology is that I'll be joining the NW convoy !

I'm waiting for a neighbour to confirm his intentions (S2).

Things will probably firm up on Saturday as usual.

Graham.

Cheers Graham, Looking forward to meeting up. I've been itching to have a good up close nosey at another s4 given the problems I've had with mine.

Carl,

Two of the crew (Dave and Howard) have been volunteered for parking duties at Donington on the Sunday morning so they'll be making there own way there now. We're still waiting on Dodgy Dave to confirm his attendance (any chance Dave ?) so that leaves just me and you...............introductions shouldn't be too difficult. I'm the one with the Silk Red S4  :lol:

If V8Esprit comes along with you then perhaps the proper terminology is that I'll be joining the NW convoy !

I'm waiting for a neighbour to confirm his intentions (S2).

Things will probably firm up on Saturday as usual.

Graham.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Problems ??? :lol:

What's been troubling your S4 or would it be better if I didn't know!

I'm sure you'll have posted 'em on the forum, but I'm a bit queezy about reading the Problems Page! Trust they're all sorted now B)

Graham.

Graham,

I had a chat to Ian heighway (red s1) at work today.

affaid it will all be down to the weather on sunday,

if its dry we will be meeting you at the darlaston inn,

if its not too good, we will have to take the more direct route.

and if its snowing , well , will probably go in the boreing car!

WILL THIS WINTER EVER END !!!!!!!! :lol:

We should be able to confirm whats happening on saturday.

Fingers crossed.

Dave

good luck guys hope you all get together

howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

When I bought my S4 it was in serious need of some TLC. The interior was flithy, the rear valance was hanging off, the boot floor carpet was soaked, the cars performance was miles off, I had bugger all boost. Gear changes where awful, engine was running hot, to name but a few of the problems. Thankfully Im nearly there and the car is running well. I've just ordered a new waste gate solenoid to hopefully stabalise a boost problem. But I've never been able to have a close up look at another S4 to compare to mine and chat with the owner about their experiences. So you can expect '20 questions' when we meet up. :lol:

I noticed your cars not listed in the garage, have you done any mods to your car?

Problems ??? :)

What's been troubling your S4 or would it be better if I didn't know!

I'm sure you'll have posted 'em on the forum, but I'm a bit queezy about reading the Problems Page! Trust they're all sorted now B)

Graham.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Carl,

Not really a modder but there are a few things that need doing. PNM have just fitted one of ther exhausts. The OE had rotted. Similarly the headlights and brakes will need replacing in 12 months again due to corrosion. I think 1 or more previous owners used to leave the car outside in all weathers.

I'm really quite happy with it as it is........ I don't find the need for dump valves etc. I'll simply replace what rots.

Graham.

Graham,

I had a chat to Ian heighway (red s1) at work today.

affaid it will all be down to the weather on sunday,

if its dry we will be meeting you at the darlaston inn,

if its not too good, we will have to take the more direct route.

and if its snowing , well , will probably go in the boreing car!

WILL THIS WINTER EVER END !!!!!!!!  :lol:

We should be able to confirm whats happening on saturday.

Fingers crossed.

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dave/Ian,

Fingers crossed then boys. Don't let a few spots of rain spoil the fun. Snow's another matter altogether mind :)

Graham.

Graham,

I've been wanting to hear the PNM exhaust as Ill be either buying that one or the SJ version in the next few weeks. So it will be good to hear first hand what it sounds like.

I had been thinking about buying an upgrade chip, but given the cars recent performance, I think ill hold off and see how it goes when I get the boost settled down. I have last week fitted a recirculating dump valve, more for turbo longevity than performance but it does seemed to have made the car more responsive.

No Response yet from any other NW Lotus owners to join our Sunday Hoon to Donington. With a bit of luck well get some more interest for weekend.

Cheers,

Carl

Carl,

Not really a modder but there are a few things that need doing. PNM have just fitted one of ther exhausts. The OE had rotted. Similarly the headlights and brakes will need replacing in 12 months again due to corrosion. I think 1 or more previous owners used to leave the car outside in all weathers.

I'm really quite happy with it as it is........ I don't find the need for dump valves etc. I'll simply replace what rots.

Graham.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Carl,

Peter (PNM) will be at the show (although when I was there yesterday there's some doubt as to whether he'll have finished his stand in time!) so apart from listening to my pipe you'll be able to inspect his wares.

Graham.

Advance warning boys. I've just been to see my GP and he has referred me to hospital(appointment at 6pm tonight). Apparently I have an abcess on my eyeball which they will either lance ;) or treat with antibiotics. I'll keep you posted

Graham.

:( Graham,

don't know what to say without swearing.

came on to say we should be turning up at the pre-meet, as the weather looks reasonable.

however, Ian H has had a new addition to the family, so may not be able to attend, he is going to let me know tomorrow.

Hope you get better asap

Dave

Carl , if you want to go straight to donny it will be ok,

as it would give us all more time to prepare in the morning and you more time in bed :)

will be back on tomorrow night after 10 for a short while ( still on dial-up ).

Dave

Edited by dodgy154

Sorry to hear about the eye issue Graham, that really is dreadful timing. :)

Dave,

Thanks for your message, leaving the house at 7am on a Sunday was going to require some extra effort, so I dont mind if it means I can set off a little later. :)

I'm sure we can all get together over the summer when it warms up a bit more anyway. Ill probably see some of you guys for the NW rolling road day.

:P Graham,

don't know what to say without swearing.

came on to say we should be turning up at the pre-meet, as the weather looks reasonable.

however, Ian H  has had a new addition to the family, so may not be able to attend, he is going to let me know tomorrow.

Hope you get better asap

Dave

Carl , if you want to go straight to donny it will be ok,

as it would give us all more time to prepare in the morning and you more time in bed  :(

will be back on tomorrow night after 10 for a short while  ( still on dial-up ).

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Carl you would be very welcome to come along to any of our(NMEG) meets

watch the "events" page for details

which part of Lancashire are you in?

Howard

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Thanks Howard, Im in Leyland near Preston. Ill take you up on that and keep an eye out for the next NMEG meet after Donington.

See you all at Donny tomorrow. B)

Carl you would be very welcome to come along to any of our(NMEG) meets

watch the "events" page for details

which part of Lancashire are you in?

Howard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>