free hit
counters
Where are all the Elites and eclats - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lotect

Where are all the Elites and eclats

Hi all, I've been to the Lotus show today.There wre several Excels 3 Elites and 1 very nice Eclat. Where was everyone.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry Alan My Elite just isnt up to that long a journey just yet, I really wanted to take it and now I know there were only 3 Elites im even more peed off I could nt go sad.gif

I was there, red Elite. I even met the guy I bought it from in 2002. Back then he was selling it as had young kids and was being sensible - just keeping his motorbike. Anyway he just sold his bike and was at the show with his new Eclat (the white 2.2).

I saw this great bumper sticker on the Lotus-Netherlands stand, can't be many of these about.

John

post-10272-127153062121.jpg

Guest mkelite

we went today too. unfortunately our Excel or Elite wasnt ready yet either! however this is why im saying y dont we arrange a regular Elite / Eclat /Excel meeting at an agreeable location. these models seem to get left out somehow...... regards. DC.

I'll be there tommorow with my Excel,There should be more to see as it's a general classic show & auto jumble as well as being the second day of the Lotus show.

Hope show went well, my car, along with many others out there, is in the restoration stage, and cant go anywhere curently as missing all suspension, which is coming off to be sand blasted and painted prior to rebuilding.

I am hoping in the future to be able to take part in some shows, but a way off yet.

Regards to All

Mike

Guest mkelite

is there or can we make a list here of all Elite / Eclat / Excel members on here whos cars are or are not yet road worthy to arrange meets, encourage and help with getting cars back on the road - and locate where everyone is? is that too soft? DC.

I went in my Red Elite - saw the other two Elites and the white Eclat Riviera. Not many 4 seaters though all told. Probably better attendance tomorrow.

I'll be there tomorrow in the Essex Elite, I believe that Roger M will be going in the black Riviera with the yellow interior that has divided opinions!

Those wanting a get-together shouldn't forget the convoy of Elites/Eclats that will head down the M4 to the Club Lotus Castle Combe day at the end of May, meeting at Newbury Services for a 10am departure. It seemed that we had about 8 confirmed when we raised this on the old Forum.

Leigh

D'oh ! the two cars I wanted to see are there on the day I am not !!

Love to join the Castle Combe convoy

Where can i find details about the Lotus meet at Castle Combe at the end of May?

Is it open to anyone or do you have to be a member of a specific Lotus organisation?

The reason i ask is that i only live 25 minutes drive from the Combe & would like to meet up with fellow Excel/Eclat/Elite owners. :w00t:

thought about it but dont think my dodgey clutch was up to it,so this week its out with the engine,new clutch in,new front springs and dampers and a general fettling of the front end,all being well should be up and running in a couple of weeks,lol :w00t:

Fraid I couldn't make it, trying to finish off the house so I can tackle my Elite, just a few weeks to go I hope

Mark

I'm up for a local meet Dave, where and when?

Same reason as Mark - was working on House.

Will be at Castle Coombe however.

D

Hi All,

I will be there at Castle Combe again like last year - look forward to seeing other ELites , Eclats and Excels at the event.

Look forward to the parade laps!

Best Regards,

Ed

Lotus Elite 502 'Essex Blue'

the 'Convey to Castle Combe' discussion now moved to Events Section

Clicky

Sorry guys, my car is nowhere near ready, sat in the garage with all suspension stripped off and not touched for a few weeks now due to missus having a major flip over the amount of time I've spent in the garage over the last 6 months. Still after taking 2 months out to please her I reckon I should be good for another 6 months now! lol.

Spotted in Hampstead yesterday, a very tidy Y reg Lotus Elite, dark metallic brown with yellow interior. Passed close by at slow speed. .....if mine had been on the road yesterday, it would have been a rare sight indeed....

If it had a yellow interior, it was probably Roger's Riviera.

It's a lovely car.

My S1 Elite 504 should be on the road in August. Roling project. I live in Norfolk so not to far to worry about not looking odd! I have not been to any meetings as do not want go in everyday car. SAAB 9-5 aero.

Clive

Dont worry about that Clive,

I've popped along to the Norfolk meeting at Larling a few times and met some of the guys ( even though its a bit of a treck from Sheringham). There are ofter more everyday cars than Lotuses ( Lotii?). My project still langushes in the workshop in Sheringham. Where in Norfolk are you? Cheers, jim