free hit
counters
cage nut - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

hi guys,

do you know where can i buy "cage nut" : it's the nut for fix for example the rear bump to the body but there are many in lotus esprit on the glass fiber body.

???

Cedric, from france

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are you referring to the jack nuts? If so, you can do a search on the internet to source the nuts as well as the installation tool. Otherwise, they look very similar to the expansion nuts used in drywall installations where nails or conventional screws aren't sufficient. Most home improvement stores have them near the fasteners, otherwise you should be able to find them at a hardware store that has a decent selection of fixing hardware. If memory serves, the OEM thread size is M6.

thx a lot i did'nt know what is the name exact in english for these nuts .

These things rust solid...then, when you try to undo them, they go roundandroundandround....had to drill out all of mine and I replaced them with nutplates (steel plates with nuts welded on), stainless steel setscrews and lots of copperslip anti seize grease!!

I used rivnuts but they're all aluminium ones so they won't rust. The tool was dirt cheap off eBay.

Paul.