free hit
counters
Lotus Elise Type 23 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
elise23

Lotus Elise Type 23

Hi there, new to the site

currently looking for a lotus elise s2, and have come across a type 23, anyone know much about them?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Which Type 23? there has been 2002 model year standard angine and VVC engine, also the Clark Type 23 supercharged from 2008/2009?

The Jim Clark car is a Type 25.

The 23 was made in a limited number in 2003.

Am I alone in wondering why it was called the 23? If it is trying to look like a Cortina (white with green stripes), it should have been the Type 28. I remember questioning it at the time and never got a satisfactory answer.

Typo? :D

This is a Type 23...

l23s93pf.jpg

This is an Elise S2 Type 23...

Elise%20S2%20Type%2023%20front%20dealership.jpg

Yes Guy you are alone!

It is true that it celebrates the Lotus 23B witch Jim Clark drove on Nürburgrig in 1962 and later was banned for Le Mans.

Look here!

800px-1965Lotus23b.jpg

/Kim

Kim - Guy's point is that the Elise looks nothing like (colour-wise) Jim Clark's Type 23... The only thing which makes that Elise different to the rest is the colours and they are nothing like the car it's meant to be a tribute to!A proper tribute car would be green with a yellow stripe, yellow wheels and a red steering wheel.

Ok, Bibs! Lost in translation! Thanks for making it clearer!

I was comparing the Supercharged model showed by BingoKing to the picture of Jim C.

They look more similar and as i can see there is a 23 on the number sign on the side of the car, but hard to see.

/Kim

Edited by Kim.Poulsen

just a thought but maybe at the time lotus were going down the 'type' route for their specials, they had at the same time released the type 49 & type 72. the type 23 was a sport racer and as we know they have since relaunched the racer. they were available in blue, or red & white with 1 or 2 stripes. is that significant with the original in anyway, i don't know. maybe at the time they just didn't want to name them 'sport racer'.

chipp