Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
340r Picture Thread - 340r - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

340r Picture Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yikes - cool, always had a soft spot for those.

At some point in my life I wanna own ALL the lotus cars (not at the same time !) - I really love the 340r, esp in the funkeh colours !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Quite possibly my favourite lotus ever.

I would somlove one of them! I almost bought one from a breakers many years ago, they had 2 minor damaged ones for what I bought to be a reasonable price. Wish I had, unfortunately I got talked out of it.

You guys are very lucky!

Pilko you daft sod, what ya sell it for?

Chunky Lover

Why did I sell it? It was a one trick pony. It was purchased as a fill in while waiting for the M250. Stuck some miles on it over the two years of ownership, including trackdays and the odd continental hoon (and it rains a lot in Spa!), but I soon got fed up with the noisy, smelly, rattly bathtub.

What it did, it did very well. But it only went round corners fast and that was it.

Yeah thats my take - you NEED a garage and unlike the Elise it's not going to be that comfortable in the rain, you cant leave it anywhere and hope it doesnt rain !

I was at goodwood one year and it was boiling hot sunshine yet it absolutly hammered it down for about 30mins - if you'd have been in the 340r it'd have been a bath not just a bath tub !

Still, much better looking than a 211 imo

Well, my pony does more than one trick. I use my R a lot, commute if I want, not bothered about rain if forecast. Sure, you cannot have it as your only car but together with a practical classic or cheapo Euro hatch it is a more than sensible option. My R replaced an Elise and I have never regretted it. A waterproof cover is the only extra needed (well that and a heated jacket and gloves!). Of course, you do need a garage to keep it in too but I think a lot of owners garage their Lotus.

I think a lot think the 340R is worst than it is to travel in. In the dry its great. In the wet its a lot better than a Westfield or a caterham unless you have all the weather gear.

I have had a few westfields - Everyone was dissapointing

I have only had 1 caterham - Maybe it was a bad one but it was now where near as much fun as the 340.... In my humble opinion....

The only car I have had more fun in was a Porsche 993RS tht I had for a year. Thats one car I shouldnt have sold.

Love it !

The grey is just....dull. Spiced up in some narly colour really brings it alive, I think I like the green even better than the yellow bumble bee !

• Like 1

I like these a lot, they look like they'll fit in your pocket when your stood next to one!!!

Bibs, there was no need for that picture, it looks like some one sawed off the bottom of a giants helmet and stuck it on there!!

Actually just re read that and please insert motorbike at the appropriate point (thats just before helmet and just after bottom)