free hit
counters
Removable roof... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Removable roof...

jerrytlr

Hi - today for the first time I thought I would try some roof-out motoring in my Esprit - trouble is, I couldn't get it in the boot! Should it fit, or is roof-out motoring only for when you know you can get back home again without it raining.....?

I had assumed the roof would fit in the boot, but try as I might, I could not get it to fit :-(

Cheers,

Jerry

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for the delay in replying :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I too had difficulty fitting the roof into the back, but watched this exact video on youtube and must say that the guy made it look quite a bit easier than my first attempt went. I've only stowed the roof once or twice, and it took a couple of tries to get it to go without scraping anything. Unfortunately I don't have a storage bag for the roof to protect it while removed, but was thinking about using one of those felt type bags used to protect dining room table extension pieces.

Bibs, why didn't you post this video last summer - you'd have saved me looking a right tool infront of a bunch of folk who gathered round as I tried to figure out how to get the roof to fit in the boot! I personally think you should post this vid at least once a year at the beginning of April to save muppets like me alot of embarrassment! Cheers mate - consider my roof going in my boot tomorrow AM - and thanks too to Jerry for posting the question!! biggrin.gif

Are you the guy with the red V8 in Glasgow? I had a phone call about that from a friend who heard about it, hilarious :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well I have tried to get the roof in the boot after seeing the video some time ago.

In my case it won't go in the boot due to the charcoal filter in side the boot just behind the wheel arch on the near side.

DSC00896-1.jpg

I have looked at the bracket it is attached to but the screw heads have been welded to stop it from being relocated

I just wait until it is a nice day and leave the roof panel at home.

I'm only joshing with you, they didn't say it was that funny :lol:

Evora NA

...I have to disagree with Rodger,

With the roof panel stowed in the boot I can still manage to pack in one medium soft rolling case, my laptop bag, a pair of trainers, and two pairs of dress shoes. Normally I have enough clothes pack for a week. More is stowed in the front. Matter of how you pack it.