Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coolant Tell Tale Tales - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coolant Tell Tale Tales

Just a 'slight' niggle really this one - not got to the bottom of it and wondering what it is and how best to remedy it.

At cold temps morning after overnight at start up first 5-10 minutes my coolant tell tale light comes on and goes off - when the car is warm it never shows.

Coolant has been topped as advised in header tank and when cold overnight - no sign of coolant loss and no shite in the oil or dipstick.

Admittedly when cold the 'expansion tank' looks low in relation to 'fill level' however when warm it is above fill level (expanded).

Could this just be crap in/on around the sensor and if so how do i find it? What diagnostics can i do? Should i be concerned (i am)?

Chargecooler is ice cold even after spirited jaunts/hoonage and 300 mile drives. Temperature gauges are all spot on and fans come on and bring temp down instantaneously when at 90+ degrees.

Do i need to let it sit and warm up longer on cold start ups? Should i top the expansion tank further or what?

I don't want to hurt my baby.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rog,

Just probing the early wiring diagrams for cars hopefully of your era and it has a pretty pic of a low coolant module that talks to two senders on your header tanks - chargecooler and main header tank. It is responsible for triggering the tell tale.

It talks to several other things but it may be the module itself thats a bit sick?

Its exact position in your car should be in the handbook, however on my workshop manual is shown in the engine bay relay box (there is an alternate showing two modules of cylindrical appearance - one engine and one chargecooler module)

Can send you the diag if you need - PM me.

Simon