free hit
counters
Esprit day out in Sydney - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stevem

Esprit day out in Sydney

Heyup Everyone,

There is talk of an Esprit day out on Sunday 16th May, heading out towards the Blue Mountains. Details will be published here soon but please reply here if you are able to come along, tell your Lotus mates too and we can make a big day of it. The more the merrier.

Too many Toys are never enough !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have had a few emails about the day out, and it looks like we are on for Sunday May 16th. The initial details are here, but I guess they are open to change and suggestions. Danny has suggested meeting at Bella Vista in the Maccas carpark, maybe we should aim to be leaving there at 8am, so meet from 7.45am ? The meeting point is on the map below. It's not far off the M7 so anybody from the south/west could get there easily too.

We will head up to the Megalong Valley Cafe in the Blue Mountains, photo's attached. Danny has suggested that there are two good ways to drive to Megalong either via Yarramundi and Winmalee or Bells Line. Arrive for morning tea or early lunch. Then whatever... Maybe Danny or Mike can lead the way as they know the area.

Please reply with suggestion or ammendments. So far we have 4 Esprit's confirmed but everyone welcome.

post-5938-127249342515.jpg

post-5938-127249343679.jpg

Edited by stevem

That map's wrong Steve. It's not that far off the M7 actually. The easiest direction would be to turn at Bunnings into Lexington Drive and head for Supercheap at the end of Lexington. At that time there's plenty of parking available too.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/store-locator.aspx?postCode=bella%20vista&state=NSW&country=AU&distance=5

(Do a satelite zoom view of the large car park at the end of Lexington Dr.)

Also earlier, 7am on(?) for the "meet and greet" might be better. But still aim to leave by 8am. As well as Maccas there's also a cafe, Morsel's, but I'm not sure if they are open for breakfast.

Edited by DanR

DanR

Well spotted Danny, here's the updated map, the red cross/blobby thing almost marks the spot, it's somewhere along there ! Ok, lets meet from 7am at Supercheap Auto to allow time for a McPiss and a McCoffee. I guess I'll have to leave about 6am to get there on time from Avoca.

post-5938-127253412142.jpg

Edited by stevem

Just got bleed them brakes!

Almost sure for me...

Rob

Robert Costa
1984 Turbo Esprit
Very Black!
2004 Lotus Elise
Quite Green! gone :-(

1977 S1 Esprit, in bits

1998 Lotus Elise S1, Azure Blue
Sydney, Australia

“The parts falling from this car are examples of the finest British craftsmanship”

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

Unless there's torrential rain, the Breaky Run is confirmed on Sunday 16th. Meet from 7am onwards at the Supercheap Auto car park as there will be plenty of room there for safe parking. it's on Lexington Dr, Bella Vista which is not far from Maccas as per the map above. That will give us chance to have a chat over a coffee and look at the cars before we leave and allow a big window for late risers. We will leave at 8am so make sure you are there before then or you'll have to catch up.

We should arrive at the Megalong Tearooms in time for a late breakfast and a hot chocolate or two. There should be a good turn out of Esprit's and a few other marque's too. It will be a bit of fun so why not join us.

If the weather is real bad we might have to pick another day, so keep your fingers crossed and check back here nearer the time for any updates.

Darn...can't make it....work stuff

Rob

Robert Costa
1984 Turbo Esprit
Very Black!
2004 Lotus Elise
Quite Green! gone :-(

1977 S1 Esprit, in bits

1998 Lotus Elise S1, Azure Blue
Sydney, Australia

“The parts falling from this car are examples of the finest British craftsmanship”

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

The weather report for Sunday according to the bureau or Meteorology is mostly fine, rain not expected until Monday so it's looking good. it should be a good turn out, 6 Esprit's confirmed with more expected on the day.

That was a great drive today thanks guys. Till next time, cheers.

LotusdriveMegalongValley160510006.jpg

LotusdriveMegalongValley160510012.jpg

LotusdriveMegalongValley160510027.jpg

LotusdriveMegalongValley160510029.jpg

LotusdriveMegalongValley160510035.jpg

DanR

Nice! :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I almost made it, but when I got up at 6am, I discovered it was veary early in the day and COLD! Maybe next time.

That S2 looks fantastic, but must be hard to drive with the slippery dips mounted on the roof.

Dave Everett

Hi there,

I am unable to find Aussie members section to tell who and where the oz members are etc, is this here somewhere.

I would like to contact the blue S2 owner in the pics if anyone knows his wherabouts . I would like to have a chat as I have same car and have not seen another locally and I require parts info etc,

Thanking you, Paul, Sydney. [email protected]

No sign of him anywhere. Not here on the Oz map and he's not on the australian lotius esprit site either.

he must have found out about the meet somehow.

NSW Historic Vehicle plates ??

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

I'll find out for you, check back in a day or three.........

The owner lives on the lower north shore but keeps the car elsewhere. He's done an excellent re-build and also has another with a v6 conversion. Drop me a pm with your contact details.

Edited by DanR

DanR

Club Lotus < try here, I know there is a dedicated Esprit Registrar with the club.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

It's owned by a bloke called Mark. I have emailed you his contact details.

Danny - are you up for another run in October, maybe the South Sydney passes we talked about previously ? Let's start a new thread if you are up for it.

Yes a run south would be good. Maybe mid to end of October.

DanR

Sign in to follow this