free hit
counters
Evora versus mad Duck at 180 km/h - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
anubis1

Evora versus mad Duck at 180 km/h

Lately I had a meeting with a dumb Duck on the German Highway. The Evora will be fixed soon, the duck was definitly "burnt off". A.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had seen your other post about this. Uuurg.

Apart from blood and guts removal and wire mesh replacement, are any of the composite body panels damaged? I've found out to my cost that bits not cheap or easy to even get.

Any bits make it as far as the radiators? Years ago in a Mk.1 Capri (I did say years ago!!) I had similar and much slower experience with pheasant and it actually damaged radiator enough for a small pinhole leak that only showed up much later.

Al,

the Evora exposed himself as truely solid. The downside of the frontspoiler cut the duck in 2 pieces, so only legs and body stuck in the front, while the rest was aerodynimically cut away and flow from the back of the car. So as I constate: the frontgrill is solid enough to act as "duckholder" and avoid damage at the interior. A.

That was the expienciest duck of my life... ok, the insurance payed... but £ 3200 is a hammer. A. (duckless)

Ouch! So it was a little more than just some wire grills then in the end? dizzy.gif

I know that I have had to have the rear 'bumper' part of mine replaced after a car park knock and that was a bill somewhere >£2000 from the body shop. That included some hidden vents, the Lotus lettering and the plastic films, the rear parking sensor black plastic valence and the rear wire mesh grill etc. I do not know final price. Again insurance paid for it but very expensive for all it looked.