free hit
counters
Wiscombe Hill Climb - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MPx

Wiscombe Hill Climb

I've got my old biking mate Neil staying for the w/e and, despite the weather forecast, we plan to get down to the 500 Owners Club day at the Wiscombe Hill Climb on Saturday.

Wiscombe May 8th

Wont be in the Esprit (parking is in a field on the side of the hill!) - but should be an exciting motorsport day for those into such things. Maybe see ya there......

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Rick and I should see you there.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Well a dank and really cold day on the hill, but dryer than expected so still some fun to be had - great to see Rick and Ian. With the dementia becoming ever more apparent, I forgot wallet, phone, and a low light lens - thankfully Neil took his cash to sub me all day! Also I didn't take any pics in the paddock which was stupid given that the bad light and long lens meant the exposure times were a bit too long to maintain focus on fast moving machines....Hmmm! Anyway, here's just a couple to give the flavour:

This Elan was well driven by both husband and wife in separate runs...

IMG_3221.jpg

The other Lotus competing was this Cortina

IMG_3209.jpg

The historics looked the part - just practising for Sunday, but not really my bag. It was interesting to see that the fastest bikes were Supermotard style and not the Supersports you might expect. Believe it or not, this was my best(!) pic of mate Pete on his final run

IMG_3329.jpg

...and an interesting proof of speed. Given the exposure time/focus issue I had....I got a clearish picture of the slowest (lady) rider wobbling around the first bend

IMG_3302.jpg

much less clear of Pete going quicker

IMG_3322.jpg

and hopeless of the fastest biker on the day.

IMG_3311.jpg

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

A couple of dodgy looking Paparazzi!

888.jpg

890.jpg

889.jpg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Good pics as per usual mate. Also heard you giving it a mention on the Radio this afternoon.

We need to keep an eye on anything upcoming at that venue. Good Day.

Oops, late as ever. Wiscombe will literally be on my new doorstep, but I'm not in yet, so I've held off going until I can walk to it :(

If those of you who went there approached by the top route, i.e. following main 'Hill Climb' signs out of Honiton, you may have seen something of a building site on the left about three fields before the top entrance to Wiscombe Park:

2010_04_15_0341.jpg

That's my new honey farm. I may just be able to serve up some better parking and hospitality for Esprits at the next event :thumbsup:

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Sweeeeet

My parking was right at the entrance to the field as the parking chaps said I would ground out if I went more than a meter into the field!

Twitter @radioRedwards

Dan me old mucca!

Thought you'd fallen off the end of the world or something but good to hear from you.

Been missing you at the odd event. Definately remember that for the next Wiscombe visit though. Also be good to see you if you can make Castle Combe a week Sat - Remember the old saying - All work and no play............ect ect.

Hope you are keeping well.

Sign in to follow this