free hit
counters
Lotus at the Ring... - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus at the Ring...

esprits4de

Reading the news section, Lotus to be back at the Nürburgring,...

True back in green/yellow since,...,almost a decate.

As I visit the ring and the 24HRS annually I may state that Lotus cars have been attending the 24HRS Nürburgring in one form or other over the years.

Three years ago...

http://www.esprits4.de/S400/Fotos.html#7

Shame the Evora 24hrs edition isn't there.....

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know that it's only a privateer effort (thank you Stratton) but how come they are racing the Exige (no offense to that superbe hooligan of a car) and not the Evora. The Evora that was at the Tourist Trophy did not set tire on the track! I remember that the type 124 was supposed to have a factory supported 4 races program in 2010. I know that since then the Evora Cup Car took the spotlight. Any Lotus racing somewhere is good news but I fail to understand some things!

First pics of the car all painted up and ready to go! :thumbsup:

post-1-127343826987.jpg

post-1-127343852691.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

114_9476.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Happy days! We're sat in the queue for the tunnel, can't wait to get there :rolleyes:

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

looks like a L.O.T.U.S. ...does it :)

but anyway ...even the 'highly advertised and pushed with PR-team' *friction drive-toy* Porsche was not so 'German reliable' after all... :)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I've just arrived home (a day early :)) from the race. We're all pretty gutted, the car was driving really doing well and was up to 82nd overall (started at 99 out of 199) and 11th in class (started 18th) so we were on for a good result. The important thing is that Roger got out and we loaded the car up today ready to come home for repair.

I'll be posting more and adding pictures but it was an awesome experience to be a part of a race team and be so involved in such a brilliant event. Made some new and excellent friends too so the whole weekend was just a super time. Roll on next year :)

31763_10150175405615527_764615526_12522301_1765416_n.jpg

Evora NA

Unfortunately I did not make it to the Ring. But I had the chance to watch the 24HRS on TV on and off. Honestly I felt deep sadness when I saw the Lotus go up in flames. Thankfully the driver managed to bail out!

Congratulations for the effort and actual gain in the classification. I am sure the car would have been good for some result.

cheers!

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Bibs,

Does the team know what caused the fire yet? Bad luck. Must have been a great experience.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

It's all speculation at the moment and they won't know until the car is dismantled for repair, if at all. It's not as bad as you would think, it's not a t-cut job but not a terrible repair job.

As an experience, even for the 6 hours we were racing it was out of this world. I'm very passionate about endurance racing so to be part of a team, especially a Lotus team was a dream come true.

Click for pics

med_gallery_1_5_273153.jpg

Click for Race Report

Evora NA

Hey Iain - Welcome to the forum.

Everyone, Iain is a full time psychotic after an incident in Belgium yesterday at 120mph on the N4 motorway involving many screams! He was also involved with us in the race as full time 'driver dragger' helping the drivers out of the very tight cockpit and did a wonderful job of it too. Next year mate? :thumbsup:

Evora NA

Hey IainWelcome aboard.I heard about your near-accident in Belgium. Hope you get over it soon. N routes in Belgium in the same car as Bibs is never a happy place to be.At least you survived the experience.

Thanks for the welcome!

As well as pratting about with windows while I was asleep, I bet he didn't tell you how he can't hold onto a cup of coffee properly... :lol: