free hit
counters
Petition To Keep Lotus Trim Shop Open - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Petition To Keep Lotus Trim Shop Open

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard from a very senior source at the factory who would know about these things that the trim shop isn't closing. Panic over.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

as in my side-note, and Tony K's commentary -always thought *Lotus Trim Shop* is in deed similar to Porsche 'Sonderwunsch' ?! :respect:

As for the stitching, Logo's and special leather-detailing & piping ...this was always showed on every typical factory visit within the last years... -right!. You don't need a 'Trim Shop' if the customer only can choose between vinyl and leather in two types..but as soon as it comes to different colours (who has ever seen two Lotus with same interior & stitching, contrast piping and leather-colour on an international gathering ...for me it always looked like there is a world full of options ?)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

It's via a dealer. Call Rob Chapman @ Strattons (01508 530491), you'll get a Full Member discount too :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Honestly, it's not closing down, you don't need to keep signing this petition!

Evora NA

But the news is not all good.......well not for us anyway!

I spoke to Rob Chapman at Stratton's today about my S2 Esprit. The trim shop are not currently taking on any outside jobs at the moment, basically because the factory requirements are taking all their resources and they just don't have the time or staff to take any other jobs on. Lead times were at something like 5 weeks upon receipt of the items to be trimmed.

Someone at the factory is fighting this so Rob advised me to ring back in 2-3 weeks to see if anything has changed. He too also mentioned about how reasonably priced they are,

I am quite sad, as I would have loved the factory to re-trim my car. As it is, the seats are the item I would most like trimmed by the factory so I will see if I can get the doorcards and other items done locally, and hold fire on the seats to see if things change..

Sales must be good for Lotus if in house demand is as high as it sounds.

Edited by Nelly9000

• 1 year later...

Was a typical DB knee Jerk reaction. Like his "I don't like the Evora" comment. At least there is the Advisory board now to kerb his most stupid ideas.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

No, the ASO trim shop was closed because no-one was using it and it wasn't making money. The production trim shop remained open and this new trim shop is a bigger, better production trim shop. Don't expect to be able to send in an Esprit seat to be retrimmed there for example.

Evora NA

Doh! Dan in 'didn't read the whole thread' shocker. :P

It's closed down already I'm afraid. Lotus ASO said they'd keep it open if there was a demand for it and there was none.

Evora NA

Oh dear. :huh: That`s what comes of organising dry roasted peanuts to ingest (elusive little blighters but less slippery than ordinary ones !) whilst trying to post. I can only therefore echo others` opinions that options to create further demand was something that could have been pursued.

Cut a straw in half, you get 2 ready made peanut holders.

The trim shop was good value and their work was excellent. There is a lady who runs a company that are local to the factory who can do bespoke trim work (she used to work in the trim shop) and of course the legendary Nick Fulcher is very local and available so we're not out of options.

Evora NA