free hit
counters
Going to Germany - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Going to Germany

Will, I finally get a chance to take the Lotus of the Island. I am headed over to Germany on Sunday and coming back on Thursday. I’m really looking forward to a nice drive on the German motorways….I will be spending my time in Geilenkirchen on business. If any Forum members living close to Geilenkirchen want to meet up let me know.

Cheers

Felix

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great people, food and beer, and not forgetting some great unrestricted autobahns.

Bet you will still find some Mercs, BMWs and Porkers still indicating to pass you at whatever speed you are manageing to reach though!

Have fun.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Cheers, I read the topic "Driving in France" on the forum. The car is waxed, all fluids toped up, got my safety gear, Sat Nav etc. So I think I am ready for the open roads!

• Gold FFM

as far as I know the *ADAC* is partner of some other internaional (for example RAC /AAC) road asistance services... so if it comes -keep it in mind :rolleyes:http://www1.adac.de/wir_ueber_uns/ADAC_Europa/arc_europe/default.asp?ComponentID=31977&SourcePageID=32087

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

you're 160km's (100 miles) from Nurburgring, when driving through Belgium you will pass the race track in Zolder, 70km's (50 miles) before Geilenkirchen.

You're 90 km's (60miles) from Fracorchamps. You can buy LOTUS cookies in Belgium ;-) (Thats for the wife and don't mention the Belgian beer in your trunk)

Cheers, I will be traveling alone... The wife can't go :)

I will be on business, but I'm hoping I can get a chance to break away and do something exciting while I over there for sure!

Felix

Will I made it to Geilenkirchen, but wasn't a smooth ride. I think my o2 sensor is gone.... She is running really rich, with black smoke when I put my toe down. She is also burning fuel like it was water! and lastly I have to keep tapping the peddle to keep her for consent speed on the motorway… Any thoughts?

O' and the engine light comes on and off, when I slow down...

Edited by fsrowsell

• Gold FFM

check with the *freescan-tool* that you have stored in your boot as a brave Esprit owner (you have it with you? :( )

Maybe your engine was never running that fast ,or on constant high loads as on the continental motorways now.. :thumbsup: So there is something gone[broken] within the exhaust/catalyst system ...or there is an other reason for false signals :X Hope you can make it home safe & well.

Mention in this area should be service from the *KOMOtec* guys availble? Typical for Elise owners, but think those service man can handle a -pot Esprit as well... .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I have an old style ECU, . If needed....

Your problem sounds like some thing related to a vacuum disturbance or sensor reading problems....Not sure what though.

Good Luck! I am over in Cologne if needed.

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Thanks, before I leave for the UK tomorrow morning I will be doing a check over of everything and fluid levels.

I did bring my freenscan, but I forgot the UBS part of my cable :lol:

Well I made it back home safe and sound. I also has a pleasant drive back. The car ran beautifully. The trick was not to use any turbo boost. I was still able to cruse along the motorway at 70mph and I only had to stop for petrol once instead of 4 time... Tomorrow I will tray the new O2 sensor and take her for a run with freescan running.

Cheers Dave, I have a spare non Lotus one that I use on my Cat for MOTs. I will try that one today after work and see what happens. I must say I was very surprised on how conformable that car was to ride on a long distance trip. The seats are very comfortable and to think I was thinking swapping them out....

Cheers

Mate

Felix,

So, any luck swapping the O2 sensor and did it cure?. Poor form having a car mis-behaving in this neck of the woods, although we could blame it on the Germans this time.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Hi Trev, I finally got a chance to swap out the O2 sensor today. I also pulled the plugs and cleaned and re-gaped them. They were all gaped to small... Went for a drive up the M40 and want a difference!! She's back to normal... Sweet!

Cheers to all who offered to help from the Forum.

Felix

How many Lotusses did you see on the main land. I bet 0 Esprits. It's a verry rare sight to see an Esprit driving around here :lol:

Did you visit some special places? Next time give us more time to organise and we will meet somewhere.

Peter, the only Lotus I saw during my 800 mile journey was an Evora on the Euro train. I did not see the driver, but left a card for him or her…

I had to go over to Germany on business and work was welling to pay for my petrol and accommodations, so I decided at the last minute it would be a great opportunity to take the esprit for a nice long ride off the Island and onto some really nice smooth toads in Germany. The area I spend most of my time was around the Geilenkirchen area. Beautiful B roads through the farm lands…

It was lonely just the same… It would have been nice to have another esprit or two along for hoon… Maybe the next time…

Cheers

Felix

Felix,

It is amazing just how comfortable the Esprit can be on a long trip. I have had the opportunity to take several 2500+ mile plus trips in my Esprit. The amount of luggage you can carry and the fuel mileage to go along with it is great. Though I know it is harder for you because of the clutch pedal location in the UK. At least on the LHD version you have an area to rest the clutch foot on those long stretches of motorway.

Glad to hear you got all sorted and that it was a safe and successful trip.

Christopher