free hit
counters
How rare are Esprits in the UK? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

How rare are Esprits in the UK?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends where you are in the UK.

If you're where I live you're more likely to see Lotus's near caterbury becuase thats where the Kent main dealer is and UK Satan Cars have a few they run near there too.

Went on a 2 hr hoon on sunday and only saw 1 Lotus Seven (and yes I went up to Lotus territory specificly + potentially to meet people). Was going to join him but I was on the way home and having too much fun annoying the X5 who thought he'd chance his arm :blink:

When I've been driving around the south east I've seen 3 Esprits on the road by chance....not that many considering I do about 300 miles a week sometimes....that's why they're special :P

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Where in the U.S. are you, Toua? Maybe there is an ABFM (All-British Field Meet) in your area coming up this spring and you're sure to see an Esprit there - maybe the owner would even offer you a ride.

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass

It's a rare sight! You can tell, but the reaction you get and the fact that people don't know what it is. You're more likely to see a Ferrari than an Esprit.

We guess there's only about 4-5,000 in the UK and on the road, although there's quite a few that are being restored, damaged or non-road worthy, I'd say 95% of those that are roadworthy are weekend cars.

If you're not going to a meet, then you can go years without seeing one on the road. Does depend on where you are and how often you're actual out on the roads yourself.

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

There are definitely more where Paul lives... Of course there's more of everything where Paul lives :blink: I hope to live there someday myself :( (Paul will probably move when he hears that :P)

In both northern and southern california, in regions where paul does not reside...

First Lotus I saw was coming back from my shrink's office when I was 14 in the passenger's side of whatever my mom drove at the time. At first I thought it was a beat up old customized el camino, no instead it was a beat up old Europa :P (Europas have since grown on me. Really want a project).

Decided I wanted an Esprit when I was 16, had never seen one in real life. Saw one a few months later. Didn't see another (without actively seeking one) for 4 more years.

Before I went to where Paul lives :P I had never seen another Esprit on the road while I wasn't in mine.

Brings the grand tally of Esprits I've seen, besides mine, without actively seeking them to... two. :P

(Seen a few Elans inbetween, of both generations)

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Esprits are extreemly thin on the ground up here in Ontario :(

Mine is the only one in the Quinte West/Belleville area. :P

Heard of a white SE in Brighton (20 kms away) , went looking for it with no luck. :P

There is a RHD JPS World Champion in the Napanee area, I left a message with a mutual friend, but buddy is not interested in a meet.(think he was offended by a offer to buy it) :P

Then there is the Pearl White SE in Peterborough at the Coffee shop on Hwy7 (seen that one, but not met the owner)

And Marco and his black 86 in Ottawa. :P

Quite a few in Toronto, never seen any though (outside of dealers showrooms) :blink:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

There is a V8 in Eau Claire and a Elise near you that I have met. The Wisconsin owners are not as cohesive as owners in adjoining states as far as clubs or groups.

Minnesota twin cities (44 Lotus cars or various types) and Chicago has a fairly large number of owners that hang together. The last large number of was at the Wisconsin LOG where we had a several hundred cars there at one time. While there are a few cars in Wisconsin last time I posted I was visiting Milwakee I got no responses to meet up with area owners and others have experienced the same thing.

There is a V8 in Eau Claire and a Elise near you that I have met. The Wisconsin owners are not as cohesive as owners in adjoining states as far as clubs or groups.

Minnesota twin cities (44 Lotus cars or various types) and Chicago has a fairly large number of owners that hang together. The last large number of was at the Wisconsin LOG where we had a several hundred cars there at one time. While there are a few cars in Wisconsin last time I posted I was visiting Milwakee I got no responses to meet up with area owners and others have experienced the same thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love to come to a meet.. just dont mind my little honda civic! Give me a ring sometime

I think the fact I see so many Esprits is due to the Crystal Cove gathering every Saturday! Slade you need to get the hell out of the 909 buddy!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I think the fact I see so many Esprits is due to the Crystal Cove gathering every Saturday!  Slade you need to get the hell out of the 909 buddy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed! I lived there for a few years and its not a place to stay. I prefer to call to the "armpit of california." haha (its 951 now)...

Does anyone in SoCal know when there will be a British Car meet out here? I would love to attend one...

The rarity of the Esprits is one of my most favorite aspects of owning one...

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

We'll never escape the 909 stigma :blink: It will always be the valley of the dirt people.

But Fresno is the true armpit of California. Or maybe Bakersfield.

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

I see quite a few in Colorado (20+)

I even see some that I never knew were around (not in the local club).

The US is a big country though, we're all spread out. I've seen almost 50 in one place at the Lotus Owners Gatherings (LOG) in Wisconsin and St Louis.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Hanford!!!! That would be the armpit!!!! the San Willkillya valley!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they really should just break off and turn into a new state :D ugghh... your giving me Merced and Coalinga flashbacks.

Sometimes I wish southern california would break off and be its own island, like the geologists say it will (excluding the 909... no way I'm staying here :P)

Then we'd have beaches all around :lol:

slade

4-5000 On the Road in the UK?

Kato, I thought you said DVLA had the figure at around 1,500 registered on the road in the UK?

From my own second hand information, I was of the belief that Lotus sold 1/3 to the UK, 1/3 to the USA and 1/3 to Europe/ROW... Which would put a maximum of around 3,500 in any one territory....

:lol: Or have I just completely misinterpreted your figures and you meant worldwide?

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

My impression of California (Sactown area) is like this..

in the spring - its ok.. at least there is some green (to much rain sometimes)

in the summer - the color green is synomonous with yellow

in the winter - it sucks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is the first time i have heard anyone complain about the winters in California. I can think of a lot of places that the winter is a lot worse than california. :lol:

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

My impression of California (Sactown area) is like this..

in the spring - its ok.. at least there is some green (to much rain sometimes)

in the summer - the color green is synomonous with yellow

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its definately just you..........

SUNP0003-1.jpg