free hit
counters
How rare are Esprits in the UK? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

How rare are Esprits in the UK?

manhattan-beach-ocean.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

surfing.gif

Cool - looks like Santa Monica to me, I can remember getting the sunburn of my life there, I fell asleep face down in the sand for 4 hrs catching up with jet lag whilst the g/f though I needed to rest a while and didn't think it strange I was passed out for that amount of time !

sad.gif

Very jealous - still stuck between Auz and Cali.

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surfing.gif

Cool - looks like Santa Monica to me, I can remember getting the sunburn of my life there, I fell asleep face down in the sand for 4 hrs catching up with jet lag whilst the g/f though I needed to rest a while and didn't think it strange I was passed out for that amount of time !

sad.gif

Very jealous - still stuck between Auz and Cali.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually Manhattan Beach. I live in Santa Monica but work down there. Equally as nice, just a tad bit quieter...

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

Shah... I hate you! :lol:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

God... I so wish I was at the beach :P Can I work as a janitor where you are shah? :lol:

Californians say the winter sucks because then we have to forego our entirely mesh wardrobes for a t shirt and jeans with the temp change from 100 to 70 degrees.

Don't believe us :D

Oh, Sacramento is what Toua was talking about. Meh. It's a bit colder. But hotter in the summer even. And a whole lot suckier in other ways.

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

If you guys think the view is beautiful, you should see Manhattan Beach women...

No where else have I seen the term "trophy wife" better illustrated (possibly Laguna/Newport)...

god i love california. i wish it would break off and form its own country...

slade, i need an assistant if you would like to take that job. duties arent too different than that of a janitor :lol:

Shah

Edited by JRTurbo909

Hanford!!!! That would be the armpit!!!! the San Willkillya valley!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that Ed Gomes who has a nice S4s lives in Hanford, but is planning to move up a notch to Fresno.

Winter sucks in Minnesota where the temp can reach -20F without the windchill. only good thing about that is it is too cold to snow as it usually only snows as thwe temps get warmer. We are having a warm spell for winter the high was 41F and the low tonight 30F.

I like to snowboard so I like winter but not when it gets so cold. But after a certain temp it is all the same -5F seem not too different from -20F

Beautiful photo, Jussi!

As for California, I was born in LA and lived about a mile from the beach for the first 26 years of my life, then moved to Oregon, then Washington state. Some things are more important than the weather, so I don't miss California in the slightest and I know I'll never move back.

Oddly enough, I'll see about two Esprits a year other than those owned by club members here. In fact, there's someone in the same town as me who also has a red/red Turbo Esprit - exactly like mine. Very surprising.

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass

If you guys think the view is beautiful, you should see Manhattan Beach women...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can second that, all bloody super models out there. Currently leaning towards Auz atm...OK it has the creepy crawleys but at least Iran aint threatening to blow it up...(yet).

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Isn't that the XScape?

Milton Keyne's Snowdome...

As opposed to Milton Keynes in a snowdome!

snowglobe_1024.jpg

(and that's just one of the little buggers.... You should see its Mother! :lol: )

...and it look far too tidy and inviting to be MK!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Yes, I do admit California Girls are reall HOT! In the malls, (maybe because they have to look good going to the outside world) fine woman everywhere. I haven't gone to the beaches, so I can't comment on that, but just knowing all them fine woman out there... it has to be hot!

Yes, I do admit California Girls are reall HOT!  In the malls, (maybe because they have to look good going to the outside world) fine woman everywhere.  I haven't gone to the beaches, so I can't comment on that, but just knowing all them fine woman out there... it has to be hot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah anyone visiting, be sure to PM me first. I can list off quite a few places to go for good scenery in that area...

Huntington Beach during the summer months gets packed with beautiful women. You just gotta watch out for the age problem (may be a little younger than is legal). Then again, that seems like a plus for slade :lol:

Shah

Yes, I do admit California Girls are reall HOT!  In the malls, (maybe because they have to look good going to the outside world) fine woman everywhere.  I haven't gone to the beaches, so I can't comment on that, but just knowing all them fine woman out there... it has to be hot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do know about that...

I studied in Texas for few years....and I believe Texas wins the most Miss USA in history.

I was just in Los Angeles for 3days (now in Connecticut)

I will be back to San Francisco tonight.

so far trip. I only see one Elise 111R, which is owned by my business partner.

I did have a chance to see a Corvette C6 and the newest Viper

A couple of points to chime in on:

1) Being a long time Oregon Resident who travels frequently to LA - for anyone who has never been to LA - It is exactly like you think it is! :lol:

B) I have been lucky enough to see plenty of Esprit in the NW (perhaps the weather is much like the UK?)...between showrooms, field meets, and plenty of sales internet research (which led to phone calls with great owners)...I'd say in any given year I would see 3 to 5 Esprits a year (some on the road)...and now quite of few Elises as they're is a Lotus Sales Office here now (a Division of Tonkin - who sold the Esprit new some time back). :D

III) It's snowing here in Portland. It's March...it should be some rain and then kinda dry...you know spring? Anyway...never buy your dream car in the winter. B)

Timothy

We got -21celsius this morning (that's -5,8F).  :P

Just wondering when the spring is actually coming  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its 5 degrees C+ here :(

Have no idea whats going on with the weather :(

Best girls in the world are English girls (married one) :(

Had a look at the birds in Cali, and found out all the nice ones were all from elsewheres :P

The native women I found very strange indeed :(

Not much natural beauty to be had in the state of Texas :D

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Had a look at the birds in Cali, and found out all the nice ones were all from elsewheres :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point Wayne. Most are from different places. Good thing is that they all tend to migrate to cali :P ...

but i like the english girls too. My future wife is a british girl i know that lives up in northern california. only girl i ever dated that didnt start annoying me after 2 weeks :lol:

Shah

Isn't that the XScape?

Milton Keyne's Snowdome...

As opposed to Milton Keynes in a snowdome!

(and that's just one of the little buggers.... You should see its Mother! :D )

...and it look far too tidy and inviting to be MK!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sh*t , I thought I had descovered one of the hiding places of the Graf Zeppelin :P:lol:

grafzepphang.jpg

SUNP0003-1.jpg

You just gotta watch out for the age problem (may be a little younger than is legal). Then again, that seems like a plus for slade :lol:

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Age "problem?" What?

I've finally rightfully established myself as the forum's resident slimeball/quagmire.

EDIT: In retrospect... I think I just crossed a line :D Time to not get kicked off the forum and step in before the mods...

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Age "problem?" What?

I've finally rightfully established myself as the forum's resident slimeball/quagmire.

EDIT: In retrospect... I think I just crossed a line :angry: Time to not get kicked off the forum and step in before the mods...

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dont worry slade, asian guys are known for this :lol:

dont worry slade, asian guys are known for this :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't really relate to that one thing asian guys are known for ::( (damn mastadonic asians... how am I supposed to match them. Big Wangs and Dongs :lol:)

I assume you mean going overboard and taking things to the nth degree :D I'm only half asian after all. The top half of course ;)

slade

Edited by slade