free hit
counters
Drive to House of Bruar 13th June - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bingoking

Drive to House of Bruar 13th June

Well it has been a quiet since the first run but Al. and I have been discussing various options for a run out on 13th June.

The plan is to start and finish in Perth at The Glover Arms car park (next to Dobbies Garden Centre)

Leaving at 11:00am the plan is to travel up to The House of Bruar via Blairgowrie stopping for a coffee or something more substantial if you choose and a browse round the various shopping areas before travelling back to Perth via the Sma' Glen for a bite to eat at The Glover Arms.

The proposed route

OK if you are interested please add your name to the list by copying and pasting those already there and add your names. Please let me know if you are interested in eating at The Glover Arms at the end of the day and I will try and arrange for an area to be reserved for us.

Last run to The Jim Clark room we had 6 cars so lets see if we can beat that number this time.

1&2 Brian & Jackie (2 for munchies)

thegloverarmsperth-food_menu.pdf

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

1&2 Brian & Jackie (2 for munchies)

3&4 Allan & Debbie (2 for munchies)

Got it right this time Bibs - yehsorcerer.gif Amazing how much easier when sober!cheers.gif

Cummon gang get your names down as we think we have more good roads here and more ideas planned for the future. We will discuss ideas for the future on this run. Now all we need is Lotus Forum weather like the last run out.

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Morning guys,

I'm afraid I can't do this one - I'm at the Download festival that weekend seeing AC/DC & Aerosmith - which in volume & musical terms isn't too much different from a group of roaring Lotus engines!

On another note, I'm genuinely sorry I haven't made a meet yet and really do hope to do so at one point in the future as I very much enjoy owning my Esprit and the lifestyle that goes with it. I also really appreciate the effort Brian puts into organising these runs. I hope you have a great day! smile.gif

Euan,

No worries I'm sure we will see you on one of the runs. We (that's Al. and me) are planning another for late July early August so it's not all my hard work, but thanks anyway.

Enjoy the festival, :lol: I'm envious.

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

I'm in Perth, :animier: but not sure my car has the submarine option to be able to get to The House of Bruar. <_< Nor the speed to be leaving at 11am on the 13th to get there, :( plus I can't find The Glover Arms. :lol:

:hrhr::hrhr::hrhr:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Michael, if you leave now you might just make it.

Maybe Al. could drive his ship to Perth and help out!

I presume you are in the Oz?

Edited by bingoking

Yep I'm down in Oz. :lol:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I'll not put my name down yet as the guy painting my car is away on holiday and there's plenty still to be done to it so I can't commit but if she's back to me before then I'll do my best to pop along! :D

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

Poor choice of date on my part!

Sorry you can't make it woza but enjoy Le Mans.

OK so only 2 cars so far.

if your Lotus is off the road for whatever reason and you have access to another set of wheels why not join us anyway for the drive and to meet up with other forum members.

If you have never been to House of Bruar it's worth the visit just to browse the shops.

If that's not your thing then there is a short walk up the hill behind the House of Bruar to the Falls of Bruar .

I did the drive last Sunday guys - well worth it. Walked part way up the falls path whilst SWMBO shopped. A glorious day and fantastic views. As Brian says, make the effort and you won't be disappointed, even Lotus-less. Unfortunately I am at a family wedding in Manchester on the 13th. I know where I'd rather be.........

Well for those that were too busy watching the footie (yawn) or enjoying Le Mans here is a taster of the roads missed today. We had actually great weather in the end with little rain but enough clouds about to keep the roads quiet and the tourists at bay. A great drive and some great rods not driven myself in some cases ever and in others up to 30 years ago.

More of the same for the 1st August promised. Get your names onto that posting list.!!

Edit! Not sure what has happened here! I can see photo list but not photos showing. Hmmm. Tried multiple attachments but better go back to old fashioned 1 at a time.

post-7988-041680000 1276478058.jpg

post-7988-077800400 1276478072.jpg

post-7988-008086600 1276478085.jpg

post-7988-000735000 1276478097.jpg

post-7988-042874900 1276478112.jpg

post-7988-084655100 1276478122.jpg

post-7988-001296600 1276478136.jpg

Edited by Al.

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Yes we had great drive up to Bruar and back via the Sma' Glen with a detour as the Tummel Bridge was closed.

Thanks Allan and debbie, you were great company.

Looking forward to our run in Deeside on 1st August.

I have added a few of our photographs

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

Yes there is a Lotus in this photograph

DSC00229.jpg

Edited by bingoking

Looks like it was a great run.

Would have loved to have joined you guys but unfortunately had to go across to Saudi :)

Maybe next time?

Cheers

George

Very cool, you've certainly got some great driving roads up there :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Looks like it was a great run.

Would have loved to have joined you guys but unfortunately had to go across to Saudi :)

Maybe next time?

Cheers

George

George,

Welcome to the forum. I see this is your first posting on here so why not pop over to Introductions and say hello.

We also have an Evora picture thread going on and it would be great to see your car on there.

What a pity you couldn't make it on Sunday, a 3rd Evora would have been great.

The next run is in the calendar for 1st August and will be in Deeside.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Edited by bingoking

great photos gents - what they need is a nice storm titanium elise in them though - looking forward to the August trip (it may be my last)

Unfortunately i'm moving back down South....

Sorry to hear that Woza - for your sake really. Leaving our lovely driving roads and lovely people behind! :thumbsup: I hope it is for a good promotion or something to compensate. I will hopefully catch up with you at Boness Club Lotus on the 14th.

Sign in to follow this