free hit
counters
A date for your Diaries ~ 1st August - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bingoking

A date for your Diaries ~ 1st August

In the interests of giving everyone plenty of notice we are planning the next run for 1st August.

No route as yet but likely to be a more Northerly route to try and accomodate the guys in the Aberdeen area.

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I will be up for that too - and hopefully I will not be away on holiday or something...!

If you are looking at ideas for routes, then this is one I have recommended before (though I would probably like to be shown somewhere new for a change!):

http://maps.google.c...daddr=56.638483,-3.100891+to:A93+to:A93+to:B976+to:A90&hl=en&geocode=FcM2YgMdhfjX_w%3B%3BFUnxYAMdsQ3M_w%3BFeyTZgMdyKnQ_w%3BFZycZgMdCizS_w%3BFTJAYgMd6gvY_w&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=11&via=1,2,3,4&sll=56.608641,-3.078232&sspn=0.276243,0.633087&ie=UTF8&ll=56.853478,-2.844086&spn=0.672046,2.113495&z=10

The reason for this route is it has two great roads - the 'Cairn O'Mount' road going south from Aboyne to the A90 (via Fettercairn), and the 'Glenshee' road from Braemar to Blairgowrie. The road from Aboyne to Braemar is also good, but the section from the A90 to Blairgowrie I do not know so well - there are different options there and don't know which is best.

Here are some pics c/o google:

cairnview.jpg

Top of the Cairn O'Mount

By scottmgibb at 2010-05-21

cairn.jpg

Cairn O'Mount

glenshee.jpg

Glenshee

Look forward to meeting some of you guys!

Scott

gasgas: You are more than welcome to join us, where in Scotland are you located?

Scott: Thanks for the suggestion which is very welcome. The road from A90 to Fettercairn is a great road and I have done that a number of times en route to Elgin.

Loop to include The Lecht

If this loop including the Lecht up to Tomintoul is not too long for some of you then it could be included. A good road with lovely scenery.

Ah! the open road.

IMG_5432.jpg

Hopefully we can get a few more interested in meeting up for these runs.

Does anyone else have suggestions for a run up North? If so post them here!

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

Simply amazing what we can do with technology these days eh? Here I am sitting other side of the world on a ship at sea looking at close up shots of every inch of road back home able to rotate 360 degs. I was showing a Brazilian colleague scenery and he saw snow on the road side. He wondered how we could drive on it as others ski on it. He loved it as anything below 20 is termed cold here and they have the fleeces on. A couple of years ago I had Brazilian colleague and wife stay with us in late March and it snowed at about 02:00 and they were out dancing about in it chuffed to hell they had now seen and touched snow for the first time. We just cursed such late season snow! - I digress.

Anyway just to say apart from very odd occasions over the last 35 years I hardly have driven this area once off the main Aberdeen road - which I know far too well. I am therefore bow to others local knowledge and any route up this way.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Also my birthday, so yes, a very important date. :lol:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

We will be thinking about you Michael.

How many candles do we need for the cake?

egad! 48

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Eureka, a date I can make. I've told SWMBO to block it out. I'd be happy with any of the above suggestions, especially going over the Lecht. We may even make a weekend out of it and stay over Saturday night somewhere.

Excellent news Mark.

Let's start a list of names

1&2 Brian & Jackie

Edited by bingoking

As you know Brian I can make it, as it was set around my rota - apologies to others who don't work weird rotas or rotas who differ to mine - Justin182 for example whistle.gif

1&2 Brian & Jackie

3&4 Allan & Debbie

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Hey I've been in the telecoms business for 25 years Al and it still amazes me. You're on a ship off Brazil, I'm on a high speed train heading to London. Its like you are in the next room....

1&2 Brian & Jackie

3&4 Allan & Debbie

5&6 Mark & Jane

So Brian, a new avatar. Is that the newbie?

Edited by hedgerley

Mark,

Yes that's the newbie and I did update my Avatar but for some reason I am seeing my old one tonight!

Now that's even stranger. After posting the reply above my new Avatar appeared?

Edited by bingoking

1&2 Brian & Jackie

3&4 Allan & Debbie

5&6 Mark & Jane

7 Warren

look forward to seeing the new car Brian - any maybe a pax ride?

No problem but you might have to fight off my grandson, he's taken a shine to it already

photo4.jpg

Edited by bingoking

Congratulatons Brian - how are you getting on with it?

I had a fantastic drive in the sun last Saturday, up to Elie on the coast road. Glorious. I parked at the end of the pier and kicked back for an hour on the beach. A young lad asked if 'that car is James Bond's' I took great delight in saying no, it wasn't. It was minerolleyes.gif

Everytime I drive through Kirkcaldy I keep an eye out for you. No luck so far. Where abouts are you?

Hi Mark

Well I picked the car up on Wednesday morning and headed for my office in Stirling. Left there mid afternoon and drove home via Gleneagles and the Knockhill Road.

I arrived home to be met by my daughter and son in law who wanted a run in the car so had a couple of runs out the Auchtertool Road/Orrock Quarry Road and back again and low and behold my son was at the house so out again but this time as a passenger with my son driving.

IMG_0548.jpg

Then it was Jackie's turn for a run so being a nice evening we went out the coast road to Anstruther to the best Fish & Chip shop in the country.

I did about 200 miles in the first day and then had to leave it in the drive for the last 4 days while we drove to London in the A4 for the Rod Stewart concert on Saturday night. I came home by train and left my wife with the car at her parents in Nottingham.

I have been out tonight in the Evora for a blast up to Glenfarg and back.

I am really pleased with the car and just getting to know it and so far nothing negative to report.

I find myself rolling down the windows to listen to the fantastic exhaust tone from the sports exhaust.

PM on the way with my location.

Edited by bingoking

Hi Mark

Well I picked the car up on Wednesday morning and headed for my office in Stirling. Left there mid afternoon and drove home via Gleneagles and the Knockhill Road.

I arrived home to be met by my daughter and son in law who wanted a run in the car so had a couple of runs out the Auchtertool Road/Orrock Quarry Road and back again and low and behold my son was at the house so out again but this time as a passenger with my son driving.

IMG_0556.jpg

Then it was Jackie's turn for a run so being a nice evening we went out the coast road to Anstruther to the best Fish & Chip shop in the country.

I did about 200 miles in the first day and then had to leave it in the drive for the last 4 days while we drove to London in the A4 for the Rod Stewart concert on Saturday night. I came home by train and left my wife with the car at her parents in Nottingham.

I have been out tonight in the Evora for a blast up to Glenfarg and back.

I am really pleased with the car and just getting to know it and so far nothing negative to report.

I find myself rolling down the windows to listen to the fantastic exhaust tone from the sports exhaust.

PM on the way with my location.

i hate you :)

...............jealousy is a b1tch!

Hi Woza,

I have tried to send you a PM but you are full up. You will have to either delete something or join up to full membership which allows lots more than you should need. So in a more public manner.......... I'm just back from Brazil and was wondering if you are going to be able to make this months Club Lotus meeting at Bo'ness? It as always, is the 2nd Wednesday of the month so the 9th?Brian & I will both be there for sure and I assume so will Andrew. It would be good to see you along if you can make it. You can always e-mail or PM me if you want more info re directions and times etc..Cheers,Al.

Sign in to follow this