Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 165 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Yes like Nissan (eventually) they had the decency to offer for sale the actual spec that set the laptimes, then you see the prices! 😱

My brother was crazy enough to spec a GTR Nismo with the N Attack pack. He still won't tell me what it really cost but it wasn't far off two Nismo GTRs! The amount of work on that car to get it to lap 7.08 will make your hair curl. Phenomenal thing but imagine what Lotus Motorsport could have done with a cheque for another £120k back in the good old days...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Some of you might like to know that @rallyesax works for a very well known tyre manufacturer and I for one really value his contributions on here. Really helps to hear information from people that really know their stuff. Contrary to popular opinion I don't make up half of the things I post!

Can I get these extra special Porsche compound tyres for my GT430 yet?

I think it was a smart move for Lotus to use the same tyres as the 911 GT3. For a start they're going to be very well tested and developed, for another thing there are lot of GT3s out there so it should help reduce cost and help with the supply of tyres in the future.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind comments. I surely don't know everything but if I can have some usefull hints for the community, I'm happy to help. 

The killer compound is used on the Cup 2R, only available in a few sizes for the moment (for GT2 RS, 488 Pista,...). So no Evora sizes for now, but size line-ups are often expended so we will see in the (I hope near) future. This tyre is a competitor to Pirelli's Trofeo R. People always tend to compare the Pirelli with the Cup 2 although Cup 2R is the real face to face contender in the category. 

The new thing we recently released is the Cup 2 "face-lift" called Cup 2 Connect. It's easy to recognize by the sidewall which is entirely "velvet" graphic and do look pretty nice in my opinion. Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect is it's official name. The thread pattern design is, without going into details, the same as Cup 2 but of course we do have some improvements in the compounds and internal components. One of the improvement will please @The Pits : Improvement on the external shoulder wear for longer durability on track ;)

Sizes available for the Evora. I'm trying to get some since 1 month but with the Lockdown, it seems that the stocks are empty 🙁

It's compatible with the Track Connect App that we released last year or so. 

Edited by rallyesax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I take it that like the CUP2's these won't like damp cold roads? :)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Very nice Jonny, is that a polished rim? That really sets the wheels off and would look good on my forged alloys which are black.

Not normally a green car fan but it looks superb on the Evora and really shows the design lines well.  👍🏻😍

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Yes gloss black wheels with machined rims was a factory option.

It really looks like that too with a setting sun. No filter or colour adjustment at all and only taken on the iphone. Extremely light sensitive colour so almost impossible to get tired of!

• Like 1

Makes me think selling my Evora is a mistake as lovely looking cars, perhaps I’m just going stir crazy and need to take it off SORN and get out and about over Dartmoor.... 😉

Black sills and polished rims 🤭

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

On 07/05/2020 at 11:41, blindside said:

Great video & driving skill, burnt orange car as well!
Also nice to see the Mk3 RS Megane being driven to max at 3:15 or so into the video. It took the 430 some time to reel it in on the straights. Thanks for sharing.

I think the Evora driver was backing off when behind the Megane - IMO, the Megane driver should have / could have got the hell out of the way a lot quicker without tripping over anything.

• Like 1

Agree 100%. If a car catches you up, then it’s going faster than you. Get out of the way at the first safe opportunity. Really poor form by the Renault driver. It would have cost him a fraction of a second to let the Lotus past. Instead he held up the Lotus for ages. It’s not Senna vs Mansell at Monaco.

• Like 1

That Evora SR looks absolutely mint!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Thanks. It is. 6 years old now. 10400 miles and not so much as a stone chip or squashed fly to be had. 😊👍

And Yes, it does need to be used more I agree. 😁

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

A shade over 1400 but you still take the prize for longest journey 😁

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!