free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 182 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Praise be to @Mike Kimberley for allowing us this debate. For it was he who insisted the Evora was +2 or +0. He fought to ensure Evora was not a two-seater.

Most manufacturers would not have bothered with the +0 option. I love both, I love that only Lotus would do both options. Personally, I think the +2 looks better, I adore the arc that the accent leather takes around the rim of the cabin. 

Justin

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I think you mean the perpetual wind up phase (go to the teachers thread to learn to spell!  :)  )

If truth be told I really don't care either way. But it's provided some fun these past 5 years....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, Bruss said:

TBF the Evora was meant to be an Elise plus 2 - a basic sports car. Along the way it morphed into something with a bit of comfort with air con and a soft interior for launch and then eventually almost an Esprit replacement with the latest models.  I bought the plus 2 initially because I thought I could take my friends to a pub lunch. When I realised I don't have any friends I swapped it for a plus 0.  🥺

Wasn’t the M250 before the Evora .

18 minutes ago, a7esk said:

Yes.  But M250 was 2-seater only.  Lotus was working on the new Esprit when Mike rejoined and made the case for something between Elise and Esprit first.  The Evora platform architecture was supposed to be adaptable to do both. Rear sub frame could be changed to suit longitudinal or transverse layout.  Chassis could be widened and/or lengthened to do pure 2 or 2+2.  Sadly they never got the chance to proven it, as Evora sales and limited funds prevented doing the next project. 

38 minutes ago, a7esk said:

M250 mock up I saw was only 2 seater.

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

21 minutes ago, TomE said:

I get this when I turn up at cycling events and pull a bike out of the back seats.  And when I pack up at the end, word has spread and there’s usually a bigger crowd watching who don’t believe I’ll get it back in again!

Seat base is held in place with velcro and seat back held with a couple of bolts so I remove my rear seats completely if I'm going to carry something like wheels with tyres. Only takes a few seconds. Easier and safer than trying to cover the seats, particularly as mine has an oyster stripe that is dead easy to get mucky if the cover slips. 

• Like 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, TomE said:

Why wouldn't you want to take 3 along with you for the ride

Because, and this should be totally evident by now, I'm a complete, selfish, bar steward.  My Evora is my escape space. It's my time.  It's all about me when I am in it. And, I am not ashamed to admit it!

As I said, +0, +2, I really don't give a fig and I really don't want to be an influencer (the fake tan and eyelashes irritate my skin)! :)

Would love to get back to the IoM and have a beer and a rib tickle!  Bring it on.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

16 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Because, and this should be totally evident by now, I'm a complete, selfish, bar steward.  My Evora is my escape space. It's my time.  It's all about me when I am in it. And, I am not ashamed to admit it!

As I said, +0, +2, I really don't give a fig and I really don't want to be an influencer (the fake tan and eyelashes irritate my skin)! :)

Would love to get back to the IoM and have a beer and a rib tickle!  Bring it on.

One day soon matey!  I tried to get across last year after lockdown #2 but family connection wasn’t enough, needed to be a resident.  My older daughter started uni in Liverpool, so plenty of excuses to be heading that way.  I’ll probably go the long way through north Wales, back via Heysham and do the NC500!

On 12/02/2021 at 07:39, C8RKH said:

Oh yes, the IOM....sweet memories 

spacer.png

https://i.ibb.co/K75wJVR/E41470-C6-3026-4-C54-A587-A48-CFFA7-C1-EE.jpg

spacer.png

https://i.ibb.co/1M94MSk/7-B0-E30-B8-5-DFB-49-A7-9525-C3317-C89524-F.jpg

spacer.png
https://i.ibb.co/Z2GpqKx/63-A82-CE3-5379-4-C18-A6-F9-92-A413-EDB61-C.jpg

Edited by Bravo73
Inserted images

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ian, nice pics,better with young ladies...   at least it did not cost you too much today. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

Was this photo shoot part of a magazine or did you arrange a photo session for your own purpose ? 

Does Autotrader count as a magazine?

• Haha 1

• Bibs unpinned this topic
  • Bibs pinned this topic