free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 184 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

I think Transforged have shut up shop unfortunately mate.  Yes, I’ve gradually been ticking off the mods / little things, the last one left is the dash / airbag covers! One day...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
Just now, DBG said:

I think Transforged have shut up shop unfortunately mate.  Yes, I’ve gradually been ticking off the mods / little things, the last one left is the dash / airbag covers! One day...

I believe they have @DBG and I had heard that some people had issues re some quality of stuff. Great design but I think quite a bit was 3D printed and not 100%, however, I may well be wrong.  A tough market to break into.

@Cdm2018 I got mine from GRP from the US.  They were great to deal with and the lights were pure plug and play - toom about 10 minutes per side - 2 bolts to undo and rescrew, and two wiring clips to clip. And job done!

429836716_GRPv32.jpg.bc7416c715fe9837c7f7203ac23f88d3.jpg

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I believe they have @DBG and I had heard that some people had issues re some quality of stuff. Great design but I think quite a bit was 3D printed and not 100%, however, I may well be wrong.  A tough market to break into.

@Cdm2018 I got mine from GRP from the US.  They were great to deal with and the lights were pure plug and play - toom about 10 minutes per side - 2 bolts to undo and rescrew, and two wiring clips to clip. And job done!

429836716_GRPv32.jpg.bc7416c715fe9837c7f7203ac23f88d3.jpg

Yeah, I believe there were some quality issues with the earlier units. I actually had a set of them which were slightly faulty, they were replaced at no charge with the brand new eclipse units (been free postage to Australia). Great service and the replacements were much better built. Pity they’ve gone, but the GRP units are a great alternate and their service is also great. 

49997212348_53402e303b_b.jpg

7 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

Just a shameless share of my surprise birthday cake made by my partners best friend 

And you get a free easily maintainable evora, is this one of the corgi ones as I haven't seen that colour before.

• Gold FFM

It’s a lightweight version from Corgi ? It’s diddy  never seen these before 

the cake unfortunately is not must contain zillion calories ah well the lockdown fitness regime will have to be delayed for another day ! 🤔😮 

33 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

It’s diddy  never seen these before

Must be oxford 1/76 scale ? or Matchbox then. I have the Corgi variants and 2 larger ones.

• Gold FFM

Damn, I must have missed it as was on the 174 to Cambridge!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, Cdm2018 said:

It’s Oxford 1:76 your spot on 

So its ideal for your OO gauge model railway....

• Bibs unpinned this topic

I just don't see why people rave about DCTs. They don't sound great to me and I've always found them much jerkier to use than torque converters.

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, EGTE said:

I just don't see why people rave about DCTs. They don't sound great to me and I've always found them much jerkier to use than torque converters.

Have you tried a VAG one? I've had 2 in Cupra Leons and one in a VW Scirocco and found them great....

• Gold FFM
21 minutes ago, EGTE said:

I've tried a Porsche one and I thought it was massively over-rated.

So have I (Boxster) and I'd agree with that..... 😉

• Like 1

On 12/03/2021 at 17:29, JimH said:

Have you tried a VAG one? I've had 2 in Cupra Leons and one in a VW Scirocco and found them great....

I've tried one (owned one) in a 3.2 A3, suited that car, quick , painless and totally lacking in character. A very quick a to b  car without involving the driver.  Wouldn't want one in the Evora but that's personal taste. Have an Auto in my daily to make being stuck in traffic less of a pain.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Slightly surprised to see an Avon Tyres Ad using what look like Evoras as the car. Have Avon ever been a supplier for the Evora?

CFC84C17-1575-4BC4-B865-7346EA869355.jpeg

• Like 1

They're the tyre supplier to the various Lotus championships in the UK and Europe. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

They're the tyre supplier to the various Lotus championships in the UK and Europe. 

Ah ha, that would explain the association then. 

• Bibs pinned this topic