free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 190 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
5 hours ago, EGTE said:

It's not as pretty/coherent though.

or as anything else ...  1920 kerbweight, base price £376,048 with options of £39,360 for Fiorano Pack, £20,160 for racing livery, £19,200 for carbon wheels, £5,760 for carbon seats, all to lose 100kg of weight, quite a cost /kg!  -  but it is a 1,000bhp hybrid so you have the advantage of driving electric for 15 miles...  I kid you not!  

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/ferrari/sf90-stradale

• Haha 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, phil flash said:

or as anything else ...  1920 kerbweight, base price £376,048 with options of £39,360 for Fiorano Pack, £20,160 for racing livery, £19,200 for carbon wheels, £5,760 for carbon seats, all to lose 100kg of weight, quite a cost /kg!  -  but it is a 1,000bhp hybrid so you have the advantage of driving electric for 15 miles...  I kid you not!  

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/ferrari/sf90-stradale

It’s getting silly now- power and prices ridiculous

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EGTE said:

£2.4m for a Lotus too, even.

If that gets the publicity by making the type of statement the world wants, I think fair enough. I do hope it will have the halo effect on the Emira and subsequent cars. 

21 hours ago, AndyH said:

One or two bones of contention but a pretty entertaining video. Military grey too 😍

I really wish they'd brought the GT to the UK; I think it's the prefect spec for me. Love how a race-car driver analyses (and loves) it.

• Gold FFM
22 hours ago, AndyH said:

One or two bones of contention but a pretty entertaining video. Military grey too 

Not sure what the bones of contention were. I loved the video and the passion. But most of all I loved (similarly to @LotusLeftLotusRight ) the fact that the guy just focused on the car he was reviewing, rather than other cars. He talked about everything "for the driver" and the driver should be concerned about - braking, steering, handling, feel, etc.  Based on the feedback from this reviewer, who is also a racing car driver, you have to go back to EVO and say how come the Porsche always wins when it is about "the driver" as opposed to badge/image/perceived build.

Great video, I'll be watching out for more of his reviews.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Great review.

Bones of contention? He says it was designed as a competitor to the Cayman but the Lotus guru says it was the 911. Brakes are too powerful for him? It's a personal thing.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Not sure what the bones of contention were. I loved the video and the passion. But most of all I loved (similarly to @LotusLeftLotusRight ) the fact that the guy just focused on the car he was reviewing, rather than other cars. He talked about everything "for the driver" and the driver should be concerned about - braking, steering, handling, feel, etc.  Based on the feedback from this reviewer, who is also a racing car driver, you have to go back to EVO and say how come the Porsche always wins when it is about "the driver" as opposed to badge/image/perceived build.

Great video, I'll be watching out for more of his reviews.

You're right I probably judged a bit too quickly. I made the mistake of sharing before I finished watching. His point about not wanting the auto I thought might cause a stir on here :) Didn't realise you can't edit posts either! :D 

Like you say his enthusiasm for the car was great to see.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

Also, "you've got to get the manual gearbox", I would agree but some people prefer the automatic.

I loved how he dismissed the rear seats. Best bit for me! But then I am biased and probably one of the few who has had more than one +0

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Used to cycle (training and racing) all over that area and wider when a youngster. Great scenery, great roads and looks like great weather there. Very nice. The Evora really does suit the bright colours. Just looks great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Used to cycle (training and racing) all over that area and wider when a youngster. Great scenery, great roads and looks like great weather there. Very nice. The Evora really does suit the bright colours. Just looks great.

Cheers pal 👍

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Hope valley, Peak District. Stunning location with amazing roads

3586A743-CCB9-4403-8D4C-486E95B8ACE5.jpeg

Scott

curious as you post some great pictures are you long time photographer or trained ? 
do you use a decent camera or are these using a good phone camera ?

just interested and a little envy as I am trying to get to use my Nikon SLR camera and wanted to take some photos of my car but don’t want to use the auto setting alone !

1 hour ago, Cdm2018 said:

Scott

curious as you post some great pictures are you long time photographer or trained ? 
do you use a decent camera or are these using a good phone camera ?

just interested and a little envy as I am trying to get to use my Nikon SLR camera and wanted to take some photos of my car but don’t want to use the auto setting alone !

Sorry Clive don’t think I can help you in anyway, not a photographer and never been trained and I just use a iPhone 11. I do take a lot of photos and hope that there are some good ones then delete the rubbish.

• Gold FFM
31 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Sorry Clive don’t think I can help you in anyway, not a photographer and never been trained and I just use a iPhone 11. I do take a lot of photos and hope that there are some good ones then delete the rubbish.

Scott 

just made my day Or made me feel inferior ? Lol 

TBF I am going to try and use my camera more than I have should had made more use during lockdown but was busy 

• Like 1

Just posted some in the track thread but thought it was worth dropping one of these from Snetterton last week in here. You'll be glad to know the Evora made light work of that TT :)

1241119405_CH-210429-SN-Cars-Evening-0748copy.thumb.jpg.bfaca12b3a1cc4470e9d41bb952afa7c.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 11/05/2021 at 06:27, JAWS said:

If you want real detail and history about the Evora, then you won't get any more accurate than this...

Great value. Love the LG. Well i learned my car has a transmission cooler and that the engines are rock solid!  What's not to like there then?

Great video.

• Like 2