free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 200 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Mornin' all.

Just watched a couple of good vids on the Evora.  Go to YouTube,  search drivetribe, Evora sets world record.  There's a second vid about the making of the first. I'm sure one of you tech savvy youngsters can post a direct link.  Enjoy. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry gave up after a few minutes. Real yawn fest. I hate journalists who regurgitate what someone else said/wrote. How can you extoll the virtues of a sports car’s chassis whilst trundling around a race track at 30 mph? Not particularly interested in whose car cleaning products they used either…

Sorry to have wasted your time.   I just thought this was a well produced, mildly entertaining video that shone a good light on Lotus,  and the Evora in particular.  Yes, us lot learn nothing new, but some of the 61,000 other people who have watched it just might. 

I'd already seen it and considered it a load of bullshite ...  8 circuits in 24 hours a World Record, ha ha ...- and they included a dirt-track !

Best thing about it was Lotus stepped in and supplied the Evora when another manufacturer let them down, but I didn't hear them say who that manufacturer was.

England is the home of motor racing so don't know why they did it in USA.  I put into Google Maps the circuits I raced at in the '70's that I travelled to from north London..  most were only a couple of hours away.  Llandow was west of Cardiff and a p.i.t.a. to get to and it added several hours to the circular tour so I deleted it and inserted Goodwood where I haven't raced.

So, if you want to break a 'World Record', put into Google Maps..

Lydden Hill 

Brands Hatch - has club (Indy) and GP circuits.. can you count that as 2 ?

Goodwood

Thruxton

Castle Combe

Silverstone

Mallory Park

Oulton Park

Cadwell Park

Snetterton.

Google Maps tells me that will take 15 hrs travelling between those 10 'proper race tracks' - you just have to persuade them to let you on at whatever time you arrive..

just tell them it's for a World Record...🤣

There are plenty of dirt ovals for stock car racing/speedway that could be added without significant diversions from the route ... but what sensible owner takes an Evora on a dirt oval?

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Donington Park and Mallory Park are only 19 miles away from each other here in Leicestershire and only about 40 minutes travelling time between the two as well, so they could be done within an hour. 😀

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Donington is a good shout guys, don't know why I overlooked it, been there enough times. Insert Donnington in my list after Mallory Park and before Oulton Park and the revised route adds only 2 miles to the journey....  (plus what you'd do round the track of course.)

Anybody thinking of putting this on their 'bucket list'?

• Like 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• Gold FFM

Yeah the exhaust sounds much more crisp when it's cold, the car moves around more at low speeds as well, can be the best time of the year for performance cars. A point a lot of people miss.

• Like 1

Stunning location and great filming :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The wheels look really, really good :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.