Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 159 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Thanks for the welcome, there is actually a good reason for the user name. Some former colleagues called me "K-man" since I usually sign emails with my initial "/K".
"Cayman" looks better and, in fairness, I almost bought a Cayman S before deciding on the Evora ;) 
(Add an apostrophe between n and S and the Porsche would read "Cayman'S". Childish but hard to resist...)

Edited by Cayman
Missed words

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Cayman

Thanks for the detailed reply. Your car looks great and in good company in that video. To add some confusion Lotus’ own paint code for my car is C155 (Racing Green Metallic). Mine seems to be the second and last of two 2012 LHD EVORA S in Racing Green Metallic and it was a LHD EU press car, so I guess they were close in the production line. Mine was used in Italy. Here is a link to it appearing in an Italian blog detailed test, including some race track video and footage.

Autoblog.it on the Evora S

• Like 2

Yes it's true and very common for a race car to have a road car shell in lots of different series, e.g. BTCC in UK...

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

On 09/01/2020 at 14:15, Arregueti said:

@Cayman 

Interesting. That looks pretty much like the paint in my car, but mine is supposed to be British Racing Green, according to the certificate. I guess they changed the names.

I am also curious about the original registration plate of that car. Mine was also an early MY12 and a Lotus press car at the time, AU 61 CEX.

Do you mind sharing yours?

0E2F6BF2-E31A-4BFF-BCB2-201933CC1D0A.jpeg

You are more than welcome to join us on our Alpine tour in September. Then you can compare the two cars side by side 🙂 Cayman is joining that one. Listed among RoW and not Events: 

• Love 1

Oh. That is very kind of you. I feel honored for the invitation. 🙂

Early September is a bit tough for me because of family commitments, but I will really consider it and see if I can arrange things Taking the Evora to the Alps again would be nice and I would love to drive there in convoy with you guys.

• Like 2

On 10/01/2020 at 19:18, CaptainSlow said:

I custom built a model for Cayman last Autumn. Using a Bburago model in 1:24 as a basis. The LOTUS letters on the rear clam and the Evora badge are very small in 1:24...

09513515-B983-43BD-82E3-18016BE03645.jpeg.13048a6754f62284fb6544a1ce7edf93.jpeg

FE100EE2-D5DA-486B-80AD-3F4BB01E2076.jpeg.d9cd39a3e8e2850dff20647e53ad2c6b.jpeg

CA896DAE-75CF-4C45-B695-0B87FE1B3D98.jpeg.ddbb4b7b4be9bbf0a07dc54326b96c53.jpeg

great work - funny if the model is out of metal and the "big" one out of plastic - normally its the opposite ....;-)

(as the original model came in light blue I had to paint the rims only on mine...:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK there is only 2 shots of EVORA's in this video. I did this event last year expensive but fun

A Link to this years Times http://racing.natsoft.com.au/638823718/object_691743.83e/View?13

As a comparison the Bathurst 12 hour full race cars are doing 2minutes 04 Slowest being 2:15 so the Quickest Street registered LOTUS on the LOTUS only day was 2:20

• Like 1
  • Love 1