Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 167 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
On 25/05/2020 at 00:09, au-yt said:

Finally a Evora Test drive where they actually understand how good the car is in its more natural element, Its a far better car or back roads that any one has actually appreciated. And the roads their on is typical Aussies back roads.

I've watched the whole lot from this mini-series.  Have to say, it was refreshing to see a bunch of normal(ish) people get behind the wheel and just enjoy the damn thing.  Great find.

• Like 2

I find it interesting how a good number of tests on the car seem to focus on its a "Lotus" it belongs on the track, These guys actually found the other side. The other interesting comment was about the engine, Toyota thats a good thing"

• Like 2

Generally speaking the US reviews have been mostly positive. They like the Lotus history, you get Chapman quotes. They rave about the steering. They love the Toyota engine ( cos it's hugely reliable) etc.

I honestly think the difference is simply:

In the US the reviewers just focus more on the car, the looks and the drive. They view the Lotus as an exotic as they really are rare.

In the UK, it's more about the brand and what the brand says about the reviewer. Lotus is viewed as Tier 2 because it's not German and three a penny everywhere. 

All the old jokes about Americans and straight roads or cars that can only turn left are blown wide open when you see these reviews and some of those country/mountain roads. I think what you get is a more focused down to earth review from REAL driving enthusiasts rather than rich kid look at me show offs.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The Tier 2 perception is true depending from what point of view, from the out side looking in wonder lust yes, from experience the reality isn't as rewarding as the perception

Just noticed the lovely matt red (crinkle paint?) finish to the charge cooler cover. Sooooo much nicer than what I considered was the naff looking shiny red on the UK cars.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Each to their own, I do like the latter EVORA front it fits with current lotus family look. The 400 front was what attracted it to me, as I don’t like the original style, as I said each to his own.

• Like 2

Another review of the the GT, interesting to me as my white 400 has black wheels, where as this is a white car with silver wheels.

I have a white 400 with black wheels also. I’ve always been anti black wheels but it does look good in person. Hard to take a good photo of it though. 
I’ve been considering changing the wheel colour for a while and if anything that video has put me off the silver. Just doesn’t look quite right to me.. tempted by anthracite or maybe even gold 😀

Edited by Bibs
  • Like 1

I like that expression of "black holes where the wheels used to be" wheel colour like lots of things are a personal taste, to me black holes look cheap. Gray is a nice compromise.

• Like 2

On 28/05/2020 at 02:25, C8RKH said:

All the old jokes about Americans and straight roads or cars that can only turn left are blown wide open when you see these reviews and some of those country/mountain roads. I think what you get is a more focused down to earth review from REAL driving enthusiasts rather than rich kid look at me show offs.

Living in the states.... those “jokes” about Americans and straight roads is true, usually that road is 1/4 mi long.  Thus you have the camaro, mustang and a few others.  The majority w/o a doubt are into drag racing, it’s a American thing like those super boring american sports like NASCAR & baseball.  We do have some incredible twisty  roads however the vast majority, want straight line speed.  

In regards to the 400 front end vs others.... for me the first gen of the evora did nothing to me, it wasn’t until the 400 was released that I was interested in the car.  I did see the US spec GT with the 430 nose, it looked great however to me it wasn’t as big of a change/improvement going from the first gen evora to the 400.  

I have also never been a fan of black wheels, as stated it looks like a black hole.  Same can be said about black cars, also never been a fan.  To each their own....

‘’what really surprised me was how good a white evora GT (it’s all we get here in the states as you know) looks with red wheels.  Gator Motorsports in Indianapolis Indiana has a white Wih red wheels GT, it looked pretty amazing..,l I wasn’t expecting I would like it at all.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 62dave said:

I have a white 400 with black wheels also. I’ve always been anti black wheels but it does look good in person. Hard to take a good photo of it though. 
I’ve been considering changing the wheel colour for a while and if anything that video has put me off the silver. Just doesn’t look quite right to me.. tempted by anthracite or maybe even gold 😀

Bronze looks way better to me than gold. Worth consideration.

• Thanks 1

As mentioned, it’s all down to personal preferences but:

Winter wheels 🙄

5EF1C51B-94D3-446B-856E-09B9E7D12C55.thumb.jpeg.c0d5fce66aa5322fad59c37be0e5d653.jpeg

Proper wheels 👍, IMO one of the best wheels Lotus did for the S1. Matt machined silver finish (unfortunately diamond cut) with anthracite background)
238A637C-13CC-44B3-A733-3F9FCB882BC0.thumb.jpeg.0dfd26c4df3fefa9921e903427b39044.jpeg

Still miss that car 😢

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Some tw@t stole the wheels off that Evora.....  My god, what next.