Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 168 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Who stole your wheels? :lol: :sofa:

Aarrg, Andy beat me to it 🙄

Your getting slow with age!    hahahahaha

image.jpeg.6fc4ae43c78605dc9648defb2d892ea3.jpeg

• Sad 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

On 03/06/2020 at 10:05, PaulCP said:

Proper wheels 👍, IMO one of the best wheels Lotus did for the S1. Matt machined silver finish (unfortunately diamond cut) with anthracite background)
238A637C-13CC-44B3-A733-3F9FCB882BC0.thumb.jpeg.0dfd26c4df3fefa9921e903427b39044.jpeg

I have black wheels on my blue NA - which I like even though I tend not to generally - but those do look wonderful.  Are they Lotus OEM, or some other make? I might keep my eyes out for those in the future.

• Like 1

Think it's lost something in the transition between formats...

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, EGTE said:

I have black wheels on my blue NA - which I like even though I tend not to generally - but those do look wonderful.  Are they Lotus OEM, or some other make? I might keep my eyes out for those in the future.

Yes, they're the 19/20" diamond cut wheels that were standard on the S.  I have them on mine.  They look great but after 9 years need a refurb as the diamond cut finish can lead to the surface blowing and any curbing damage is very obvious.  They are complicated to refurb and a lot of places won't warranty them.

IMG_6707.JPG

• Like 1

I think the 19/20 were optional on the "S" (pretty sure that I had to pay for the ones on my car 😉, the "s" got the 18/19 "normal design" but in gunmetal as standard, 19/20 in black were standard with the SR edition later

Edited by Bravo73

If you do find someone Tom let me know. I have a spare set of wheels that I'd like to out back to standard S. The ribs are a gunmetal grey/silver of some sort as I recall with the diamond cut on the faces.  I asked a couple of places in the UK but haven't found anyone yet who will take it on.

Re the S . Mine came with 19/20's but the diamond cut were the optional bit.

3 hours ago, TomE said:

Yes, they're the 19/20" diamond cut wheels that were standard on the S.  I have them on mine.  They look great but after 9 years need a refurb as the diamond cut finish can lead to the surface blowing and any curbing damage is very obvious.  They are complicated to refurb and a lot of places won't warranty them.

I kerbed one of mine and had it refurbed back to brand new via Lotus Silverstone. I believe Matt sent it to somewhere around Swindon.
IIRC it cost me £100 but I was happy with that since the car was only a few months old at the time

• Like 1

Phil Marking in service at Bell & Colvill can get diamond cut wheels refurbished / re cut.

Imho they are the best Evora wheels and do miss them off my old S 🙂 

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• Gold FFM

Thanks for the suggestions on refurbing the diamond cut alloys.  I'd heard B&C had a supplier who could warrant them and I think Back on Track use the same supplier.  Lepsons had been suggested to me before too.  I've been toying with going for a single colour (matte silver/grey) non-diamond cut hence why I haven't done it yet.

Anyway, back to the pictures...

IMG_6606.JPG

• Like 2