Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 172 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Most Lotus owners love a smooth ride, so Citroen is a good fit alongside. Nothing compares to a DS (50s/60s vintage) for suspension comfort. GS and CX fab too.

Frankly, all cars should have hydraulic suspension but as so often the best invention fails to become the mainstream due to a myriad of reasons. 

Luckily, Lotus can make coil and springs do wonders but they would be even better with a full hydraulic set-up. McLaren 12c/650/720 do this. 

Justin 

• Like 2

Not much I don't like about the SD1. I spun one without going that fast when about 20 years old (me, not the car), I am not sure I understood RWD.

Love the dash design, with the vent covering the LHD steering column access and the instrument pod easily 'slid' for LHD configuration. 

Wonderful design, ultimately let down by so many factors beyond the British motor industry's control.

Justin 

The SD1 is much better looking though to be honest. But of course just my humble opinion. I'm sure they are great to be a passenger in.

If Rexton had brought out a car with that profile they'd have gotten slated.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I know many don't like the looks of the Panamera, but those who do really admire it (and it's almost a unique shape, apart from the SD1 🙂). It is also an incredibly effective mile-eater, too (double-glazing, triple-sealed doors, etc) and the back seats might actually be a nicer place to sit than the front!

Sorry for going off-topic.

Yep, re Seven but I have never driven 1, oops, one. 

I drove a Caterham anniversary Seven Sprint with a Suzuki engine. I cannot say I enjoyed it - an Elise is so much better (as a road car). I am sure a Lotus Seven is special, as would many of the Caterham versions. 

I have long desired a S4 Seven. 

Justin  

Just had to grab this image from his video. Phwoooarrr! When F1 was really for drivers with big hairy balls lol....

image.png.f9d90bfa8a25ef8089cd5eb3b466d144.png

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Sam wast that complimentary about the 400 when he was car shopping a year or so ago, “ not exotic enough” I believer the comment was.

I guess getting free use of a £100000 car changes ones mind somewhat.

Let's see if this produces more value than the Seb excursion.

• Like 2

Some beautiful pictures!

I really think the Sports Racer is the peak of the S1 Evora.

I'm still trying to find one, if any of you with a manual car are considering selling, please get in touch.

I want to get one before Summer ends!

Thank you,

Tom