free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 110 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, rallyesax said:

Love the combo. Really nice choice 

Thank you.  Brake calipers are yellow, but not visible in the pic from Lotus.  Those should be a nice color add in.  Roof, front hood cover, and rear diffuser are carbon fiber.

4 hours ago, BWex said:

Thank you.  Brake calipers are yellow, but not visible in the pic from Lotus.  Those should be a nice color add in.  Roof, front hood cover, and rear diffuser are carbon fiber.

It is almost a Sport 410.  Love the color and interior

5 hours ago, BWex said:

How did you talk them into the carbon bits?

43 minutes ago, Julian73 said:

It is almost a Sport 410.  Love the color and interior

How did you talk them into the carbon bits?

Thanks.  The carbon bits became available as options in the US just as I was placing the order.  Titanium exhaust is also an option. 

• Like 1

Very nice that looks too! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 09:49, Hedgehogfromhell said:

36684380516_3761dd9ba7_k.jpgLight Paint by Simon Cox, on Flickr

@Hedgehogfromhell What's the world coming to? You leave your car for 5 minutes and some jealous toe-rag comes along and keys it. Gutted for you, Simon. :whistle::sofa:

• Haha 2

On track at Dijon Prenois circuit.

Incidentally I had my first ride in a 400 on track (thanks Nigel). It really is a cracking car. The interior finish and the ride quality even being pushed on track by a very experienced driver was impressive. Well done Lotus.

dijon17.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

@Bruss that is the first "grey" car I have ever truly gone "wow" at in a photo. What colour is that, is that the fabled military grey?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Drove to a friends in Brede this weekend and stopped for an impromptu photoshoot at Bodiam Castle... Realised i'd left my Sony A7 in my black grip in the house - the iPhone 7 Plus is actually pretty good considering!

36455431930_14a38c1baa_k.jpgBodiam Castle (iPhone 7 Plus) by Simon Cox, on Flickr

And a quick snapshot of what's left for this part of the year (front tyres and pads subjective as today i noticed they are in far better condition than initially assumed when this table was drawn up) - not bad considering it's a 2011 coach built car.  I've had far worse mass built cars.  Most of the items left are routine maintenance or 'wants' for the next trackday. 

36851873335_0544f95155_k.jpg2017 Worksheet by Simon Cox, on Flickr

• Like 1

On 8/28/2017 at 08:51, Snoopy1969 said:

@French Frie thanks for sharing - nice vid - but: the decklid of the Cockpit Looks like v e r y cheap plastic in the sun....... is that part no more leather covered?

It is not leather due to their past issues with their leather dash. Its kind of a spongy black covering, not 100% sure what it is. Its not hard plastic. If you have the black leather instead of the alcantara though it doesn't look so bad as it kind of matches the leather in color.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (ON ORDER) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

• Gold FFM

I would say it is not leather as a cost cutting measure, pure and simple. Was speaking to some very experienced Lotus mechanics at a garage and they were not full of love for the Evora 400 - to paraphrase they remarked how the focus with the 400 was obviously on "cheaper" and this was apparent to them across the car. Not an issue to me as I am sure the old S1 cost a lot more to make and lotus needs to be profitable to survive. The 400 is still a cracking proposition and if we really want to talk about plastics and dash's we can talk about Audi's, BMW's, Merc's et al all day....  Never understood how journo's would swoon over one plastic dash and then bitterly complain about another plastic dash. Toytally bizarre.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!