free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 111 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Picture & Video Thread

On 8/28/2017 at 08:51, Snoopy1969 said:

@French Frie thanks for sharing - nice vid - but: the decklid of the Cockpit Looks like v e r y cheap plastic in the sun....... is that part no more leather covered?

It is not leather due to their past issues with their leather dash. Its kind of a spongy black covering, not 100% sure what it is. Its not hard plastic. If you have the black leather instead of the alcantara though it doesn't look so bad as it kind of matches the leather in color.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would say it is not leather as a cost cutting measure, pure and simple. Was speaking to some very experienced Lotus mechanics at a garage and they were not full of love for the Evora 400 - to paraphrase they remarked how the focus with the 400 was obviously on "cheaper" and this was apparent to them across the car. Not an issue to me as I am sure the old S1 cost a lot more to make and lotus needs to be profitable to survive. The 400 is still a cracking proposition and if we really want to talk about plastics and dash's we can talk about Audi's, BMW's, Merc's et al all day....  Never understood how journo's would swoon over one plastic dash and then bitterly complain about another plastic dash. Toytally bizarre.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

14 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I would say it is not leather as a cost cutting measure, pure and simple. Was speaking to some very experienced Lotus mechanics at a garage and they were not full of love for the Evora 400 - to paraphrase they remarked how the focus with the 400 was obviously on "cheaper" and this was apparent to them across the car. Not an issue to me as I am sure the old S1 cost a lot more to make and lotus needs to be profitable to survive. The 400 is still a cracking proposition and if we really want to talk about plastics and dash's we can talk about Audi's, BMW's, Merc's et al all day....  Never understood how journo's would swoon over one plastic dash and then bitterly complain about another plastic dash. Toytally bizarre.

......yes, but we could talk about fine s1 cockpits ;-) covered in leather 

• Like 1

@ewand you could have moved that skip out of the way before bringing the Evora home!  Spent a week behind a green 400 like that on the IoM, stunning.

@Snoopy1969 I could wax lyrically about the leather covered S1 dash, the metal inlays as opposed to cheap plastic ones.................

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

23 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Serviced, MOT'd, washed B-), and ready for collection.

First class service as always from Murray Lotus at Edinburgh :)

WP_20170902_12_00_37_Pro.jpg

White/black pack combo looks great.  Congrats!

It is pearl white, with an aspen white tri-stripe the full length of the centre of the car. The black splitter and side sills are also factory paint in gloss black. I can't see a day I would ever consider selling it :wub:

On 04/09/2017 at 13:57, tim_marra said:

It is pearl white, with an aspen white tri-stripe the full length of the centre of the car.

Any pics of that Tim? Sounds subtle but interesting...

Very nice. :)

i assume the contrast depends on the angle / light? The Aspen looks almost grey on your rear spoiler on that image.

1 hour ago, Malcolm Feth said:

Lotus Evora Stratton GT

21457944_1678889888787997_39312633925098

Is this one of the Stratton built GTE? 

It is, and they're calling it the 'Stratton GT'. :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Lovely, congratulations on the new addition :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

It is, and they're calling it the 'Stratton GT'. :)

Any difference with the official 350GT?

I never got an answer to how much or what engine was in the gt but that was when pictures first emurged a few months back. It has a lot of the original Gte carbon interior panels and fixed back mansory carbon seats.

They have the Swindon engines in them and I believe are up for £80k plus VAT. 

Tims car, it is stunning, classy and suttle. As said, in certain light you don't even notice the strip. The pearl white is a lovey colour 

Looked around Stratton web site and could not find anything on these cars.