free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 136 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You are probably right . A lot of these 60? 430 Evora’s were perhaps pushed on dealers and not real customer orders at the time of production so they are now on the market.

For the “analog” driver as you say I would argue that  the 410 gt is a better option unless you are a track day fanatic. Why pay for variable traction and adjustable dampers that you need wheels off to adjust and a 8000£ titanium exhaust (without opening valve) that saves you 11kg, and downforce bits that come into play at over 125mph.

• Like 1

In Germany some GT430s are still on sale. On the other hand if global extinction is on the way … we should buy them 😉 

I think if Lotus would have been able to make much more press noise about the Evora 400 before and later with the GT430 maybe they all would have been sold within a short time and prices would be stable - even after several trackdays … we are talking of only 60 cars and not 1.900 something like the 15th limited edition of a Porsche Speedster or else!

Simple: if you want to sell at a higher price your brand awareness in the sportscar market must be bigger. Quality does not matter on awareness. Awareness is first. Press display, advertising and demonstrator cars are the key. 
At the moment small boys do not dream of an Evora GT430 and put it on the wall as their bedroom poster a) I do not think Lotus ever printed some (!) and b) small boys look for more blingbling cars like McLaren, Ferrari or Lamborghini as they have no clue about driving (yet) and these cars are still promoted heavily by their makers.

Anyway I like the Evora GT 430 and GTS 430 🙂 They are the best Evora you can get at the moment.   

10 hours ago, Richard Goblet d’Alviella said:

Why pay for variable traction and adjustable dampers that you need wheels off to adjust and a 8000£ titanium exhaust (without opening valve) that saves you 11kg, and downforce bits that come into play at over 125mph.

If you can? Because it is just a cool thing to do. It makes your car special. You get more fun out of it just by owning it, looking at it and driving it.
And you can even tune or upgrade it further and have even more fun. All what I would do 🙂 Target / mission: having the best possible GT430 on the planet (before the above mentioned extinction). 
I would just not mind if nobody would know what I am driving. Or laughing at me at spending a fortune on a "rubbish" Lotus and not on the zillionth "super" 911 GT3 - I would be just doing it all for me.

• Like 2

I was going to say the same :)

However, great shots. 

Not sure it needs the reliability reminder to others with the tow sticker though!

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

What is this "putting the car away for the winter"?

Up here we have something called winter. Which include snow and ice plus plenty of sand and salt on the roads. So sport cars tend to be kept off the road until spring. Good for you if you can drive all year round.

1 hour ago, tim_marra said:

She could have been kinder with the panel gap on that first pic :P

Still a lot better than a Tesla 😂

i just googled Helsingborg...  looks a nice place.. some of the buildings look great..

On 03/11/2018 at 21:22, andyj007 said:

i just googled Helsingborg...  looks a nice place.. some of the buildings look great..

Nice in the Summer, bloody cold in the Winter since it's always windy by the sea. Great roads on the nearby ridges as well as a great Lotus track 30 minutes away, called Ring Knutstorp.

On 22/05/2010 at 02:45, Al. said:

Okay to get this started instead of a lot of promises. whistle.gifsofa.gif Remember there is also the Garage section as well if anybody needs to see a particular colour. (This is Aquamarine)

post-7988-127449257709.jpg

post-7988-127449244689.jpg

post-7988-127449247608.jpg

post-7988-127449252825.jpg

post-7988-127449260624.jpg

post-7988-127449234141.jpg

post-7988-127449240535.jpg

Dozens more but enough I think

Well blow me down ....   that's now my car!  Now on 42,000 miles and a plate ending in ORA but in showroom condition and the Ivory interior made me choose it.

int.jpg

Edited by phil flash
had not finished input.
  • Love 1

......... and how is the old girl doing?  :welcome:

Just out of interest how are you sure that is the one?  I had 2 that new effectively identical although only one was the actual launch edition.  (that one above)  Those photos were taken about this time of year in 2009 not far from Balmoral Castle.

For those of you who may have been thinking I've left the building, I haven't.  Just been extremely busy building a house for last lifetime it seems and busy at work.  

1 hour ago, Al. said:

......... and how is the old girl doing?  :welcome:

Just out of interest how are you sure that is the one?  I had 2 that new effectively identical although only one was the actual launch edition.  (that one above)  Those photos were taken about this time of year in 2009 not far from Balmoral Castle.

For those of you who may have been thinking I've left the building, I haven't.  Just been extremely busy building a house for last lifetime it seems and busy at work.  

Maintenance Record Book, Page 3, states Date of Purchase:  25/9/2009, Reg/Licence No: 0007 ALN.  Page 2 shows VIN which matches the VIN on the car so I'm as sure as I can be. Dealer still has it to put new MOT on it but it was great on my test drive. Compared to my Elan+2, Eclat & M100's she is a young wench, not an old girl ..😃

11 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Think it was mine for a while too. I put E9ORA on it.

That is still on it, so it was yours.  I've learnt the interior was called 'Oyster' at launch but now Ivory White.

34 minutes ago, Steffen_Leitgeb-LSWGmbh said:

No. Not by definition.
I´d call them McLarlambo style doors?

I fear they add lift and weight. But if the owner likes them why not? 

Only if you flap them vigorously  enough on hard acceleration. Kind of like watching a stork take off. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

They’re not gullwing doors though, are they?

More like an extreme version of ‘swan doors’ (like modern Astons are supposed to have).