free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 145 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Not a lot apart from the fanatical speed police.....

Not if you stay on the right roads there aren’t! 😉 I love driving these roads in anything really but they are made for the Lotus. Lovely road surfaces, in the main, and you can very often not see another road user for 10 or 15 minutes or more at a time. I can certainly understand why so many Brits have upped sticks to move here. (Calling Bruss👋)

• Love 1

My parents have a place in the south of France. I would love to spend a week or so down there just drive all over. Such lovely roads that weave in and around of the hillsides. 

Edited by Nathan Pitman

I enjoyed the video, still wouldn’t buy the 911 based on this, I love my 400 for its handling, steering and simplicity don’t care about the age of the design. I’m not fussed on the complexity the of latest cars, and the cost of service.

Edited by au-yt

46 minutes ago, Bruss said:

( Oh, and its wall to wall sunshine again today)

Forecast to be 45degrees over weekend!!

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, au-yt said:

I enjoyed the video, still wouldn’t buy the 911 based on this, I love my 400 for its handling, steering and simplicity don’t care about the age of the design.

Neither does Porsche, as their design dates back to the 1950's. And that's being generous. Why reviewers never slate that concept is one of life's great mysteries.

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

Taking one for the team 🙂

Best be careful in that heat. You old buggers don't do so well in it! 🤣

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

38 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Best be careful in that heat. You old buggers don't do so well in it! 🤣

Oh I don’t know, it’s only a mere 36 today and a forecast 40 on Friday, so may be forced to take my jacket off - perhaps! 😁

Yet again, we’re considering moving here ourselves. What’s not to like about this and a willing Lotus eh?👌FE116F48-2779-4D0B-B734-8B1B7E086A82.thumb.jpeg.9bbc937dbf2569d6a06c0880610b3a76.jpeg5E5524D7-887C-4A0A-A04E-0212F4E88574.thumb.jpeg.d8d5d7b74a8b1558de027cf317f46f8d.jpeg6DE00DCC-8A04-46BE-9BD4-E129072B6625.thumb.jpeg.21dedff0c92f7edae90167441d8dd74f.jpeg

Looks lovely @Spinney, where abouts are you?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

On 26/06/2019 at 08:36, Bruss said:

No problem with the police so far. Few cameras, few police, empty roads with hedges cut back for a long view ahead. Local police checking insurance and ct ( mot) stickers occasionally, but last time I saw them while parked, one wandered over, engaged in conversation and told me to be careful over the next couple of weeks because they were having a road speed campaign on a certain main road. 

What's not to like

( Oh, and its wall to wall sunshine again today)

Had a phone call this week that shook me ..  friend had his Maserati in France two weeks ago and has got a Speeding Fine through the post FROM FRANCE !   WTF...   it used to be

"At the moment, British drivers can be fined for most offences in Europe only if they are stopped by an officer, who can issue an on-the-spot penalty. The new rules mean that speed and CCTV cameras can be used to capture the licence plate of the car, allowing police to trace its owner across the Channel. Parking offences are not covered by the new rules because they are not regarded as a road safety problem."

So the new rules are here, even after 37.4% voted for Brexit years ago, and we can't rely on the 'gilet jaune' doing their stuff on the cameras ...

In March a French Gov official said ""approximately 75 percent of the radars (speed cameras to us) have been either destroyed, deteriorated, attacked or put out of action" and  then he said "January 2019 road deaths of 238 people, an increase of 9 deaths compared to January 2018 when 229 people were killed, was because of this lack of cameras" (No mention of a possible variation due to weather, or that 2017 was 45 higher than 2018, when the cameras were all working.)

He then went on "“We estimate 500 million euros in losses (due to lack of fines) and 50 million euros in repair costs,”   Hang On !  So when they are working drivers are not slowing down  ... It's all about money!   

Expect them to get all the cameras working again soon - spend 50, get back 500 in a couple of months sounds like a good return to me!  

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

I was caught on the Autobahn last August. Letter arrived in the post back home within a week and 3 more letters followed.

Not paid and not heard anything else since last letter in February.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

More YouTube content 

Must admit the car looks more cohesive without the rear wing. Stunning car. 

Previously owned : Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVbKP_J_fPM

Edited by Bibs
Trying to embed a video. Following the advice in the help topic didn't help so gave up

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I like Harry’s videos and this video is no exception, however his comment this car is effectively 10years old, it’s only three.

In the same vane you could say the 911 is 20 (water cooled) Or 50 by nomenclature. 

Steering, don’t get me started, the driving the EVORA feels like your hand are directly connected to the road it the steering of the 911 is smooth to me that’s a loss of feel. 

Sound, only a mechanically injected 911 of the 70’s sounds better.

On 01/07/2019 at 23:46, au-yt said:

I like Harry’s videos and this video is no exception, however his comment this car is effectively 10years old, it’s only three.

In the same vane you could say the 911 is 20 (water cooled) Or 50 by nomenclature. 

The Evora is still fundamentally the same design that came out in 2009. The tub is essentially the same, the steering and suspension points are the same, the engine is the same etc etc etc. 

However, today’s 911 might look like every other 911 ever but mechanically, it is quite different. It’s much, much larger for starters.