free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 146 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Picture & Video Thread

2 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

However, today’s 911 might look like every other 911 ever but mechanically, it is quite different. It’s much, much larger for starters. 

Maybe, but as you claim for the Evora, the 911 IS fundamentally the same as it always was. Stupid engine location, principally the same interior layout etc...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep, gets my goat when people say that Lotus hasn’t launched a new model since 2009. Why can’t the platform be shared across different models. It was always intended to. All the mainstream manufacturers do this. If Skoda or Seat launch a new model on an existing VW platform even with the same engine, no-one says it’s not a new model. Correct me if I’m wrong, but The V6 Exige and 3-11 don’t even have the same wheelbase as the Evora and look nothing like it.

• Like 2

On 01/07/2019 at 23:46, au-yt said:

I like Harry’s videos and this video is no exception, however his comment this car is effectively 10years old, it’s only three.

Henry :)

And I agree with Jonny - the Evora is essentially a 10 yr old design - much updated of course and much faster, but it is essentially the same car.

The 911 has kept the same "name" over the years, but the whole platform has changed several times (except for the rather illogical rear engined layout).

24 minutes ago, mik said:

The 911 has kept the same "name" over the years, but the whole platform has changed several times .

You mean like most other 50+ year old things it has become bloated, bigger and softer?

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

39 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

You mean like most other 50+ year old things it has become bloated, bigger and softer?

Oi!!!! 😡

Oh, hang on...........🤔😋

• Haha 2

I'm not sure why an "Evora Picture and Video Thread'" is discussing those boring old 'pumped up VW Beetles' but I'll just add that my business partner has a Porsche registered as a "911 Carrera" but he always refers to it as a '993'.

"It's a classic, the last air-cooled made, state of the art in 1994" " he tells me ..   but cross-country, no quicker than my M100 Elan.  As Consultant Power Engineers we can need to go off-road so I use a Subaru Forester, he has a VW Tiguan.

Attending meetings or going to an office I will use a Lotus, he'll use the Tiguan.  Porsche 911 Carrera  -  he's done 1,703 miles in the last 12 years. Wow, that must be such an exciting car to drive !  

• Like 2

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

6 hours ago, phil flash said:

I'm not sure why an "Evora Picture and Video Thread'" is discussing those boring old 'pumped up VW Beetles' but...

Erm, maybe because the last posted video compared an Evora to the latest 911...?

More from YouTube 

he likes it

• Like 1

Some great footage in this Chinese review of the GT410 Sport. Honestly the best production values I’ve seen on a Youtube review. Might help if you speak Mandarin. The track drone footage is fantastic. That said, they stole (?) footage from @The Pits GT430 YouTube video (16:15 in). You do you, China. 😂 To their credit, they credit him. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by ByJoveByJingle

At 5:49 it shows the Lotus badge. It has NYO on it. Any ideas anyone?

I believe its some bizzare thing to do with proton or someone else (not lotus cars) owning the rights to lotus in china, so has to be lotus nyo. 

The rights to Lotus brand does not belong to Lotus in China but to an obscure company from Singaore, also Back in the mid 2000 Proton got into bed with Youngman, this company registered the brand for themselves... I heard that the Geely lawyers are in negotiation with Youngman to get the moniker back.  

Harry’s Garage is due to publish a video on the GT410 Sport this week. Think he liked it from his comments on Instagram. Looking forward to it as I think he’s one of the best on YouTube, should be a good review.

Edit to add: just seen there is already a thread on this! Doh.

• Like 1

@Evora 400 that is Sir, a stunning looking, car.

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

16 hours ago, Evora 400 said:

Here are some pictures from the weekend.

in one picture, I let my creativity run free.:happydance:

In addition, I would like to say that I'm not a Porsche hater

199620920_20190707_145416(2).thumb.jpg.77108ab1a99f7dc0ed6c6ed8f82e35f8.jpg

Just Stunning in Gold Leaf... or as they said sarcastically at the time... The flying fag packet.... dont care I would love to have my 400 wrapped in the same colours... Very LOTUS...

Edited by au-yt

This might seem controversial, but my favourite Lotus F1 livery was the single season (1980?) Martini sponsorship, but that was on a metallic BRG base colour, so the above looks wrong to me. Has anyone ever done a homage to that livery on a road car Lotus? I think it would look better than Gold Leaf colours on a modern car.