free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 156 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 08/10/2019 at 08:15, KG said:

Lotus GT 430 OEM CF Wing and you need the OEM CF rear hatch with holes to mount it. You can purchase from www.deroure.com, ask for Gary! 

and you need the OEM CF GT 430 front bumper to use the car properly for downforce, mine is getting installed and painted in a couple of weeks.

Pricey but worth every US pretty penny!

How much more downforce does the CF GT bumper create vs our US spec front end?  

Found this which quotes some 400 figures  http://www.car-engineer.com/the-new-lotus-evora-400/ There is also some increase in the GT by way of the guard shape top and rear

"downforce figure of 32 kg (70 lbs.) at 150 mph (242 km/h). This downforce equates to 12 kg, 26 lbs. front; 20 kg, 44 lbs. rear,"

Total down force for the GT430 is quoted as 250KGs

• Thanks 1

Point on the GT 430 CF rear wing is you must have the euro spec CF GT 430 front bumper or the car is unstable at high speeds. You can just add the GT 430 front bumper though without the wing or leave the stock look.

Matt's a huge fan of the Evora GT , 400 and 410, and its interesting how he says its different to the C8 and 911, I thank Lotus for that keep it up guys

• Like 1

On 01/11/2019 at 19:22, NedaSay said:

is it just me ...(?) I am not sure if the combo of the 400 front and the "430" panel behind the front wheels work together in harmony on the US Evora GT.........

In some ways I think it is actually better,  there is more consistency in the shapes front and rear. Were as the 430 is rounder at the front with only the bumper edge carrying through.

• Like 2

For me I was never a fan off the 400 front bumper, but saying that I did grow to like it and with the US spec GT I think it looks spot on.

11 hours ago, ByJoveByJingle said:

Hard to capture the strange beauty of this scene with a phone camera—the sun setting over the Tucson Mountains in the gloaming with another piece of art in the foreground. 

spacer.png

Stunning 👍

• Like 2

On 15/10/2019 at 12:34, KG said:

Point on the GT 430 CF rear wing is you must have the euro spec CF GT 430 front bumper or the car is unstable at high speeds. You can just add the GT 430 front bumper though without the wing or leave the stock look.

I have read that before, I just wonder how much of it is lotus marketing.... or if the GT/430 wheel are vents make up the bulk of the additional front downforce?

&/or if adding a splitter to the 400 front end would balance the 430 spoiler.  

Unless you’re an aerodynamicist it might be best to take Lotus’s word for it.