free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 157 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Gotta love Germany part zwei. Failed to beat yesterday's speed but....past a red G Esprit on the Bahn. I was doin' circa 140mph, the Esprit was, er, not. Great to see, albeit briefly. 

Also met an Atom in Munchen. Not sure I have seen one before, out and about. 

Justin 

IMG_20191111_1141386.jpg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, jep said:

but....past a red G Esprit on the Bahn

'Passed a red G Esprit...'

Shockingly poor English on my previous post. Or past post....

Germany is great 😎

Just beat you when I was on my Euro tour in September, although there was too much traffic to sustain such high speeds for long unfortunately.

6F591DC5-9432-43B9-B10D-7A5DDA1334EA.png

6 hours ago, Giveitfish said:

Just beat you when I was on my Euro tour in September, although there was too much traffic to sustain such high speeds for long unfortunately.

Is this a normally aspirated Evora? I find it runs out of puff at around 140mph. The bridge to 150 seems long, 5th or 6th, I tend to stay in 5th. I am 2 up with full load of luggage which don't help. 

I've been able to cruise at 120/130 at will.....Evora loves it. And I can still hear the stereo, a sop to my guest. 

Justin 

On 11/11/2019 at 18:21, jep said:

Gotta love Germany part zwei. Failed to beat yesterday's speed but....past a red G Esprit on the Bahn. I was doin' circa 140mph, the Esprit was, er, not. Great to see, albeit briefly. 

Also met an Atom in Munchen. Not sure I have seen one before, out and about. 

Justin 

IMG_20191111_1141386.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I've got a Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB that looks similar to that and I often select the Trip Computer to give me the big GPS driven Speedo display but hadn't yet found there was a Trip Summary. I'm still trying to find time to read the 240 page Operation Manual ... but have now found out how to access and use the Trip Summary. Cheers. . Personally, I reckon it's the Driving Average Speed achieved that is more significant than Max Speed, that's the one that says you get there soonest ...

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

25 minutes ago, Arregueti said:

Great pictures. Where is that? Somewhere in Rheinland Pfalz, maybe, close to the Rhein or the Mosel?

Nahe region, we were near Niederhausen. Riesling region, though I don't drink wine.

Justin 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jep said:

Nahe region, we were near Niederhausen. Riesling region, though I don't drink wine.

Justin 

I see. That area is between the two main rivers. Will explore it next season. 🙂 There are plenty of beautiful towns and spots in the whole area. It is specially charming with the autumn colors. Hope  you enjoyed.

All this talk about splitters motivated me to take one of mine. With the weather being pap I had a play with some filters. Quite surprised at the result

IMG-20191115-WA0000.jpg.c73b8ef1ec5bee845a7e182d3bc5c48d.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spinney said:

IMG_0684.thumb.JPG.7d0cf5a4b48bfc3a61924c09b672ce2f.JPG

Verr Nace. I was at the Hotel de France in mid June; it was a tad busier for some reason. Saw Jacky Ickx standing at the bar - I don't expect he needed to put his hand in his pocket...

• Like 1

We were there just after that inexplicably busy period in June. :)A friend was staying for a couple of nights before meeting up with us and had got to know the British owner who allowed us to trawl through the garages out the back where many famous teams would work on their cars back in the day.

13 minutes ago, paranoidandroid said:

spacer.png

In my opinion the best colour for a sports racer.

• Love 1

Matt Becker had a company Evora S SR IPS in Pewter. Looks great.

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

Thanks, seems to divide opinion on this forum but I love it. I do need to get a polarising filter for my camera though, to many reflections in the photo really.

33 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

Matt Becker had a company Evora S SR IPS in Pewter. Looks great.

Yes, not mine though. There are 4 SR’s in Pewter, 2 manual and 2 IPS (one mine, the other Matt Becker’s old one), all S models. 3 of the 4 are on the Lotus Evora owners group on Facebook. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Lovely colour

but second best, obviously.

<<<<

• Like 1