free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 164 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora Picture & Video Thread

5 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Full length mirror in your garage? Oh the vanity...

😂😂 Forgot about that, we used to use it as a Jujitsu aid years ago🥋 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My new acquisition. Can't believe I've finally got one! 

Are we talking about Racing Green Lotus'?  Here's the most recent one of it being clean, at Caffeine & Machine. 8,300 miles in five months means it's rarely clean! 

Some impressiones from the Nürburgring 26-27.07.20 (driver corse XL Nordschleife) in the third photo you can see the vehicles of my training group there were a total of 20 groups.  

Posted Images

On 03/12/2014 at 08:53, blueg33 said:

Winter tyres fitted - black wheels look rather good IMO, might get the other wheels painted black.

post-17000-0-67362100-1417596758.jpgpost-17000-0-33864000-1417596786.jpg

noooooooo

• Gold FFM

Oh wow. What a lovely "popping" car that is.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Lovely. Nicely done. Bet colour. Is that the LHD one that went to Belgium? Think it is currently up for sale / was up for sale recently...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

@Nexus the GT430 looks so composed. Nice....

• Like 1

A driver's dream come true right there. What a fantastic car for the lap as well as the journey there and back.

• Gold FFM
21 minutes ago, The Pits said:

A driver's dream come true right there. What a fantastic car for the lap as well as the journey there and back.

Lol. Your bias. But you're welcome to it as in MSG too!!!! :)

• Gold FFM

What’s a good lap time for a 430 at the ring?

Instagram: @tpupnomad

18 GT3 Touring

17 911 C4S Cab

17 Lexus GX460

15 Macan S

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

06 BMW K1200S

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, Nexus said:

GT430 on the Nordschleife

Great video & driving skill, burnt orange car as well!
Also nice to see the Mk3 RS Megane being driven to max at 3:15 or so into the video. It took the 430 some time to reel it in on the straights. Thanks for sharing.

6 hours ago, TpupNomad said:

No-one’s set a time there in a 430 as far as I know but it would go well there I’m sure. Brilliant suspension system would really suit the NS bumps and downforce help with the crests. Sport Auto got 7.48 out of the Exige Cup 380, it was a wild, hairy lap, I would expect the GT 430 and Exige Cup 430 to beat that quite comfortably. The time set in the 380 Cup was only 5 secs faster than their Exige S (345bhp) time so a disappointing result for whatever reason. I would hope for sub 7.40 from a GT430 but totally academic until it’s done.

46 minutes ago, The Pits said:

No-one’s set a time there in a 430 as far as I know but it would go well there I’m sure. Brilliant suspension system would really suit the NS bumps and downforce help with the crests. Sport Auto got 7.48 out of the Exige Cup 380, it was a wild, hairy lap, I would expect the GT 430 and Exige Cup 430 to beat that quite comfortably. The time set in the 380 Cup was only 5 secs faster than their Exige S (345bhp) time so a disappointing result for whatever reason. I would hope for sub 7.40 from a GT430 but totally academic until it’s done.

Post-lockdown road trip!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, blindside said:

Great video & driving skill, burnt orange car as well!
Also nice to see the Mk3 RS Megane being driven to max at 3:15 or so into the video. It took the 430 some time to reel it in on the straights. Thanks for sharing.

To be clear, that not my car. I just found the video and thought you guys would appreciate it.

• Gold FFM

Understood @Nexus. LHD 430 & presumably a German driver/owner who knows the NS circuit well.

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, TpupNomad said:

Sub 7:40 in the hands of a pro driver would be credible enough. Sub 7:35 probably more in keeping for Lotus prestige & manufacturers bragging rights based on comparable rivals like 991 GT3 manual.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

(Latest model Renaultsport Megane Trophy-R, a ‘hot hatch’ in fully road legal spec with 300bhp & 400nm lapped in 7:40 last year. GT430 in the right hands should better that time).

Agree GT430 should beat that but it's not just getting the right driver, it's competing on a level playing field. The list of 'Ring times is bridge to gantry full of cheating and politics.

Nissan started setting times that were so controversial that Porsche objected publicly. No-one seemed to give a stuff and I believe Porsche took a 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' approach from then on. If you look at the official lap videos you'll see a very stripped out GT3, with a full cage, single race seat and that's just the stuff you can see. Things like brake pads won't be standard and @rallyesax will tell you (if he's allowed!) that Porsche have been using prototype compounds on their GT cars for 'Ring times which are not available to buy (or at least weren't at the time). I know first hand that Lotus are a bit naiive/too honest when it comes to this sort of thing. They've been using bone stock cars at places like Goodwood FOS for the timed runs. I know this because I even suggested to some of the Lotus people involved that they do what everyone else is doing and set some eyebrow raising times but it's not their thing. If Lotus don't play the game they won't look competitive at the 'Ring as the Sport Auto Cup 380 lap shows. No end of people claiming a Honda Civic Type R is faster than the  at 7.43 but Honda openly admit that the car was a "Honda conducted test, full "floating" roll cage, removed infotainment and rear seats." VW's Golf GTi ClubSport, 7.47 was a "VW conducted test with Special Nurburgring set-up" which allows no end of possibilities.

To put it simply be VERY suspicious about 'Ring time claims, especially with turbocharged cars, it's just too easy to crank the boost up. When you're selling performance cars and the 'Ring time carries so much weight, it's beyond most car makers to resist. I actually think Alfa overdid it with their 7.32 claim for the Guilia QF. It's a really fine car and very fast, not doubting that for a minute but it's just not going to be quicker than the Porsche Carrera GT however you slice it. Neither is the 992 Carrera S (also turbocharged!) which is now faster around the NS than the 997 GT2 and 991 GT3! I think not!

So, full stripper spec, special everything and boost cranked up I have no doubt that the GT430 could beat Alfa's claim for the Guilia QF. But at that point is it even a GT430 anymore?

25 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Agree GT430 should beat that but it's not just getting the right driver, it's competing on a level playing field. The list of 'Ring times is bridge to gantry full of cheating and politics.

Nissan started setting times that were so controversial that Porsche objected publicly. No-one seemed to give a stuff and I believe Porsche took a 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' approach from then on. If you look at the official lap videos you'll see a very stripped out GT3, with a full cage, single race seat and that's just the stuff you can see. Things like brake pads won't be standard and @rallyesax will tell you (if he's allowed!) that Porsche have been using prototype compounds on their GT cars for 'Ring times which are not available to buy (or at least weren't at the time). I know first hand that Lotus are a bit naiive/too honest when it comes to this sort of thing. They've been using bone stock cars at places like Goodwood FOS for the timed runs. I know this because I even suggested to some of the Lotus people involved that they do what everyone else is doing and set some eyebrow raising times but it's not their thing. If Lotus don't play the game they won't look competitive at the 'Ring as the Sport Auto Cup 380 lap shows. No end of people claiming a Honda Civic Type R is faster than the  at 7.43 but Honda openly admit that the car was a "Honda conducted test, full "floating" roll cage, removed infotainment and rear seats." VW's Golf GTi ClubSport, 7.47 was a "VW conducted test with Special Nurburgring set-up" which allows no end of possibilities.

To put it simply be VERY suspicious about 'Ring time claims, especially with turbocharged cars, it's just too easy to crank the boost up. When you're selling performance cars and the 'Ring time carries so much weight, it's beyond most car makers to resist. I actually think Alfa overdid it with their 7.32 claim for the Guilia QF. It's a really fine car and very fast, not doubting that for a minute but it's just not going to be quicker than the Porsche Carrera GT however you slice it. Neither is the 992 Carrera S (also turbocharged!) which is now faster around the NS than the 997 GT2 and 991 GT3! I think not!

So, full stripper spec, special everything and boost cranked up I have no doubt that the GT430 could beat Alfa's claim for the Guilia QF. But at that point is it even a GT430 anymore?

Interesting points Jonny, and pub bragging rights are not why you buy a Lotus...but... road trip! (Can you note the hint of Cabin Fever)?