free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 181 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My new acquisition. Can't believe I've finally got one! 

Are we talking about Racing Green Lotus'?  Here's the most recent one of it being clean, at Caffeine & Machine. 8,300 miles in five months means it's rarely clean! 

Some impressiones from the Nürburgring 26-27.07.20 (driver corse XL Nordschleife) in the third photo you can see the vehicles of my training group there were a total of 20 groups.  

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

And the rear seats. Don't forget those. Jay's car had rear seats :P

Yeah, you heard him say how totally useless they were too! :)

All these Evora owners who go all "gooey" over the rear seats are the same ones who would jump into a Macca, Fezza whatever tomorrow without them if they could. Damned hypocrites lol...

13 minutes ago, phil flash said:

TLF car cover fits nicely, thanks Bibs.  Had it a while and not used it until now... but I heard "the Beast" was coming ..

x20210206.jpg

My god that mini is fugly. Please cover it up to save my eyes! From that angle it looks like a squashed Skoda Yeti.  I'm sure if it had a Rexton badge on it no one would buy it......  

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

That’s a lie. I’ve had 4 folks and a dog in an evora.

• Like 2

Only here once

6 hours ago, C8RKH said:

All these Evora owners who go all "gooey" over the rear seats are the same ones who would jump into a Macca, Fezza whatever tomorrow without them if they could. Damned hypocrites lol...

My god that mini is fugly. Please cover it up to save my eyes! From that angle it looks like a squashed Skoda Yeti.  I'm sure if it had a Rexton badge on it no one would buy it......  

Yup ..  ugly but it's my wife's All Wheel Drive 4 door Mini so far from 'mini', like all BMW monstrosities ,but works great in the snow so my wife likes it - and everything is ugly next to an Evora!

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, phil flash said:

everything is ugly next to an Evora!

That's true, even when the Evora is covered! :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I absolutely loved this video.  I confess, I have been looking at what might be a potential replacement for my 400.  This video just reminded me what I love about the Evora.  I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't an Evora "Final Edition" announced yesterday (I'm sure it's just an oversight, or it will follow), but in the meantime I'm back to the configurator to play the spec'ing game :)

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

@DaveC72 - the final edition Evora is coming - just need to be a bit more patient.

• Gold FFM
On 10/02/2021 at 03:05, TomE said:

What do you mean "useless"? ;)

Useless  for anything other than small kids (the dog could just as easily go in +0)- all that stuff you can fit in the back of the +0 just fine, apart from the kids. And to be honest, (if you lot can be) the number of times you actually use the back seats, as seats, is tiny if you have at all.  I think it just makes it easier to justify in your heads, and actually, most worry more about the resale value/ease of resale than actually the seats themselves.  I think for 95% of +2 owners, that is nearer the truth.

And because you have no rear seats you are much less likely to need a roof rack. However, I do admit the Lotus bike, on the Lotus, does look very cool.  It reminds we of the professional cyclist who had a roof rack (well, went over the engine bay actually) for his Ferrari Testarossa!

But this is the coolest pic I've seen, and yet again it shows the usability of a +0.

Image result for ferrari testarossa bike rack

Less cool with the Federal spec bumper extensions though.

The Evora rear seats are usable for pre-teen children. My kids were regular rear seat passengers over a period of about 8 years. Without this facility I wouldn’t have bought one.

• Gold FFM

I suspect the bike on the F40 is so the owner can actually make it to where he wants to go. The AA/RAC can bring the Ferrari to join them later. 

Justin 

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM
47 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

The Evora rear seats are usable for pre-teen children. My kids were regular rear seat passengers over a period of about 8 years. Without this facility I wouldn’t have bought one.

I'm not disputing this. What I am disputing is that everyone who bought a +2 did so to use the seats. I think the majority bought the +2 with an eye to future sale of the car.  That's all.  We've had single guys on here gushing about the +2 seats - no kids, no dogs etc lol....  Maybe they just had three girlfriends.

11 hours ago, TomE said:

... of course, you could always use a roof rack on a 2 + 0 if you can’t fit stuff in the back ;) 

59c2546273f3b_Lotus110_1920x1080(1).thumb.jpg.992db83d85fed7c7db34b9225d49024e.jpg

I did find it hard to strap the kids to the roof though, they kept crying, then the police turned up halfway down the road... It was a mess.

• Haha 2
  • Gold FFM

My point is that if everyone says it "has" to be green then green ones will always be in more demand than other colours. Whether people need a green one or not is another question.

You see it all the time, that's why we have so called "influencers", telling you what you need, and many people just accept it.

I have never, and don't deny that (1) some people genuinely used the +2 seats and it is what they needed and (2) I don't deny that the market has been influenced to expect the +2.

I could have got a +0 or a +2. I'd have enjoyed either as having the extra seats or not did not matter to me (still doesn't, just an excuse to wind some people up! :) ).

What I laugh at, and stir the pot over, is the people who come on here saying it has to be a +2 when they have no need for the extra seats. To me, get an Evora, the best one you can that fits your need and budget. Enjoy it. But as the choice is so small, don't use a "silly" argument to discount a car that would indeed be perfect for you.  :)

47 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

You see it all the time, that's why we have so called "influencers", telling you what you need, and many people just accept it.

"Influencers" - This is a new made up phrase/word/person/occupation for the self obsessed, that I'd never heard of until about six months ago. I call it bollox. It might not be to a adolescent easily led youngster or car modders who think putting a 20' camber on your wheels looks cool but lets be honest it bollox.

As for the 2+2 it's a lot easier than that - it just looks better.

Personally I just feel you are in a denial faze. 😜

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Bibs unpinned this topic
  • Bibs pinned this topic