Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Here's mine in the showroom and it will be on the road on Wednesday so more photographs later in the week. :D:lol:

F110TUS.jpg

Can't wait for Wednesday!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep! Solar Yellow.

It's a poor photograph taken with my iPhone which has a C**p cameras function.

Edited by bingoking

Lookin' good Brian. thumbsup.gif Nice and subtle business colour!

You kept that number quiet! rolleyes.gif I thought B1 NGO was going on it.

Hopefully I will see it in the flesh very soon. You must bring it up to the house on your way home from work one night if not going to Club Lotus on 9th. Can't wait until the 13th! I'm back late on Thursday volcano's allowing. cry.gif I'll give you a call sometime to chat.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Isn’t that Burnt Orange?

Lookin' good Brian. thumbsup.gif Nice and subtle business colour!

You kept that number quiet! rolleyes.gif I thought B1 NGO was going on it.

Hopefully I will see it in the flesh very soon. You must bring it up to the house on your way home from work one night if not going to Club Lotus on 9th. Can't wait until the 13th! I'm back late on Thursday volcano's allowing. cry.gif I'll give you a call sometime to chat.

It was on the news last night, that the Volcano is no longer active.. Fingers crossed its big brother doesn’t go off!

Edited by Justin182

Bibs <2nd delivered car was a chrome orange.>

If you mean Andrews which was also #1 in Scotland it was Burnt Orange.

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Hi Allan,

I will give you a call next week as I am heading to London on Thursday for the weekend in Jackie's car. Off to see Oliver! on Friday and Roderick Stewart at the O2 on Saturday (Christmas present TO the good lady).

I decide at the last minute not to put 81NGO on the car as a bit conspicuous parked outside one of our Bingo clubs. The car will be conspicuous enough without the number tying it to my business, although it didn't seem to bad on the Audi. I plan put the number on my Esprit as I never use that for business trips.

I kept quiet about the new number as I am little embarrassed that I actually bid more than it's worth at the DVLA on-line auction, and a warning to everyone else don't Drink and Bid at the same time! Having said that it was a very nice bottle of Argentinian Torrontes. :ice: We need a White wine smiley!

Edited by bingoking

Hi Justin - yes indeed, wasn't overly impressed with initial finish (Supaguard, don't bother!) so had it properly valeted and looks great!

Love the bright colours on this car :ice:

British racing green. I like the way the tone changes in different light.

As I thought, looks fantastic. Would like a few touches in yellow without it looking like the Fiestas and Renaults that seem to be currently sporting stripes. Maybe something a bit more delicate like those used on the 430 Scud (though hint Lotus management, I have zero interest in paying Ferrari asking prices for a few stripes). Paprika interior.

• 2 weeks later...

A9 near Drumochter

DSC00083.jpg

The Lecht Ski Centre

DSC00092.jpg

Lecht Road ( Will be on the route for our run on 1st August)

DSC00110.jpg

Ditto

DSC00127.jpg

Dun Law wind farm A68

DSC00139.jpg

Fraserburgh

DSC00174.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Justin, it was me in Aberdeen en route to Fraserburgh yesterday.

I had the car serviced yesterday morning at Murray Motors and drove up to the Broch and back home again lastnight.

Since getting the car 14 days ago I have only driven it on 6 of these days, 3 of which were long trips to Elgin and back home via The Lecht, Hartlepool and then Fraserburgh. The other 3 days were driving to the office in Stirling and driving the family aroundthe back roads of Fife. As you can see a fair mix of motorway driving fast A and B roads and a little bit of town driving.

The car has been brilliant on all roads soaking up the bumps and small potholes with ease and coping with the speed bumps in town without any drama.

This car handles like an Elise and wants to be driven but it you don't get the same creeks and groans from the chassis and suspension as you do in the Elise. In fact there are no creeks and groans at all. To drive the car with a sense of urgency you need to have the Sport button on which transforms the car. It is still not as quick as my Elise SC to pickup when accelerating in 5th or 6th gear.

The seats are very comfortable on long drives 180 miles or so but I am having difficulty getting into the right driving position and I am getting a sore right thigh. it will pass when I find the best position. What I didn't pick up on during the test drives I had in the car was the offset pedals. It's not really a problem an dis no worse than the Esprit but could have something to do with my sore thigh as I need to twist my right foot to use the accelerator pedal.

One thing I do have a problem with is the blind spot created by the drivers exterior mirror and the screen pillar. The mirror is in my line of sight as I enter a roundabout and check fir traffic already on the roundabout approaching. That's something I will have to live with and make allowances for.

I have had none of the previously reported problems/faults with the car and look forward to that continuing to be the case.

My iPhone connected first time and everytime I get in the car. The satnav works well but the map is out of date. The new junction on the A90 as you come into Dundee from Aberdeen is shown as 2 roundabouts which were removed a couple of years ago but the new M9 extension from the Forth Bridge is correct. The FM radio signal is very crackly.

A couple of minor niggles though

Why no one touch operation to close the driver's window. It is one touch to open.

The telephone addressbook lists the numbers in a strange way and it is impossible to search for a contact. The instruction manual is silent on the operation of the telephone function.

Why no DAB radio given that analogue will disappear within my ownership of this car, and it's no secret that it will be switched off in the near future.

The sun visors are as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I am thourougly enjoying the car though and look forward to driving it every day.

I am having difficulty getting into the right driving position and I am getting a sore right thigh. it will pass when I find the best position. What I didn't pick up on during the test drives I had in the car was the offset pedals. It's not really a problem an dis no worse than the Esprit but could have something to do with my sore thigh as I need to twist my right foot to use the accelerator pedal.

A couple of minor niggkes though

Why no one touch operation to close the driver's window. It is one touch to open.

The telephone addressbook lists the numbers in a strange way and it is impossible to search for a contact. The instruction manual is silent on the operation of the telephone functio.

Why no DAB radio given that analogue will dissappear within my ownership of this car, and it's no secret that it will be switched off in the near future.

The sun visors are as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I am thourougly enjoying the car though and look forward to driving it every day.

To back up Brian and it may be a build thing - ours - not the cars! I also suffer from a sore right leg when driving. I hadn't noticed it on the majority of drives which are normally quite short (<100miles) until I drove it 1,000 miles over 2 days from Central Scotland to Birmingham/London/Norwich/home. The long overnight motorway drive wasn't a problem as on cruise control but when I was in real pain and at the point in swapping out with son who was passenger was when we were stuck on M25 in Friday evening rush hour. It was my right leg, top of knee and thigh were really aching. We were at the point in doing a run round the car next time traffic stopped completely when it started to roll better after 1.5Hrs of stop start. Strange as you may have expected left leg balancing the clutch but it wasn't. Part of my theory is they have spent so long designing the car for taller people that relatively short ar$es like Brian & I are suffering. To fully dip the clutch I have to sit closer to the wheel than I have ever done in any car previously. Anything less than fully dipped means crunching especially when cold. This means we are sitting comparatively more twisted than a taller person. More angle on our torso at hips and knees. I also have a sore patch on outside of left leg where bracing against centre console again with the angles and with foot offset so much onto the brace.

Window - why? I have already commented 9 months ago. Stupid.

Lack of DAB and especially with crap reception is a worry.

I was thinking more along lines of chocolate fireguards. Don't drink tea. (& they do not have any vanity mirror fitted as I get reminded every time SHMBO travels in the car. Along with no heated seats over the winter months)

They have listened Allan, I have a vanity mirror!

A vanity mirror :thumbsup: i am pleased to say i do not have one but then i have a man's car . Brian look forward to speaking to you tonight, you bringing the girl's car :yes::popo:

Yes I will be there in the Custardmobile complete with vanity mirror...... or is it the rearview mirror which is just as useful as the sun visors.