free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 50 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Evora Picture & Video Thread

On 27/11/2015, 12:05:02, Bibs said:

I believe this firm made it onto Watchdog last night! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06r03k9/watchdog-series-36-episode-7 (from 11:30 mins in). 

Yep, that's the twat I spoke with and he was never that courteous with me. I have been out of the country so only just been able to watch the program, It made me laugh watching him squirm when both the seller and buyer arrived at the same time, could not of happened to a nicer bloke! And it seems he has been withholding payments for a long time as I did some research in to him at the time when considering the car and various forums on the internet had the same story of him offering to buy cars only to convince the seller to sell them via SOR when they turned up at his garage and then forget to tell the seller the car had sold or even pay them! It took months of chasing to eventually get paid after many threats etc then he often paid in drips from his own personal account from what I read. Also appears he has never submitted any accounts to companies house as it  seems any limited company he has incorporated gets wound up before he needs to submit any! How he had got away with it this long but he obviously knows what he can get away with! Obviously was not going to spend that kind of money with him when the car may not even been his to sell in the first place!

As you maybe able to tell I was and still am properly sad I could not buy that car as it was perfect IMHO, only wish I had brought it when Lotus Newcastle had it for sale the year before but the pictures they had up on their web site were bloody awful, funnily enough I believe the guy who brought from it Newcastle lived in the road behind my old house and had the car serviced @ B&C before it ended up in Cardiff for close to 18 months! It is was not taxed and had no MOT for a lot of the time it was in Cardiff but appears to. be in use now.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nice pics, first one is exceptional :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Yeah I nearly got run over by an old bat in a Honda Jazz when I was lying on the road taking that. It's in the middle of nowhere on the bend on a single track lane. Nobody told me there's a posh farm shop and deli only about 200 yards around the corner. It was late and pitch black when I first found the house.

'Tis a black one

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-...)

19 minutes ago, Colin G said:

Looks a bit squished?

That's an optical illusion created by shadow in the lower mid-section removing the detail of the bottom half of the car. Compare with my one side-on at the derelict house which also makes the Evora look much higher and "stubbier" than normal. Or at least it is in mine, I didn't edit the photo other than an iPhone filter.

In the Evora DVD that I'm sure Bibs will be only too happy to sell you if you don't already have (or a second time if you do!) the Lotus designers explain some of the design "tricks" they used to make the car look lower in the mid-section than it really is.

I'm in that DVD doncha know, signed copies are available :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

The "squished" effect is probably caused by my 10mm wide-angle lens. It's not quite a fish-eye but I was still able to get very close to the car for the shot. The only PS work I've done on the pic is to blur the back- and foreground so the Evora is emphasised (and the moss on my driveway is de-emphasised!)

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-...)

I was moist with the anticipation of seeing a video of a recent "Supercar Weekend" in the Scottish Highlands that Dexter was on. He gets quite a lot of screen time in the full-length cut of the video that was made. Anyway, I grabbed a still that I quite like. Merry Christmas.

moving-dexter.jpg

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 15:30, Colin G said:

Ummmm, didn't you forget to mention something in that post Jason? :lol:

Don't encourage him, Colin. :sofa:

• Like 2

:wub:

Looks lovely, welcome to TLF too :D

Evora NA

indeed.......nice 'angle'......

and also welcome......

:welcome:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Thanks for the welcome guys, i've been a long time lurker, having previously owned Evora S, i just never got around to posting.

One more quick pic, with the car only a week old i decided to change the rear L O T U S badge. Not sure if it will stay though

EV400_plateless.jpg

• Like 1

Erm........ok...........

Im not a fan....reminds me of the 80's........

still a stonking good car tho'

:happy dance:

2 hours ago, theelanman said:

reminds me of the 80's........

Funny,  I thought it looked futuristic! 

Evora NA

Ah....Delorean

:P