free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 69 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora Picture & Video Thread

18 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Thanks Tom. I would like to put a set of silver forged wheels on, though I have to admit as far as 'base spec' wheels go these are pretty good! Sadly no more spending for a while as nipper #2 is on the way, I even justified the splitter as protection for the bumper! (the only time I damaged my old Elise was scraping the bumper on a higher than expected kerb in a car park...) Otherwise I'd be complementing the 2bular exhaust back box with a manifold and CAI and add a GTE bumper and a rear wing...

Incidentally you don't have any documentation for the 2bular valve system electronics do you? I'm waiting for Jim to send me down a new control box as it's threw a wobbly a couple of weeks back and isn't listening to either of the remote fobs...

Interesting Chris.... I had that same issue prior to selling, and Jim fixed it for me (...ahem) by sending me a new remote box and controllers. No documentation i'm afraid. You may be better off replacing it yourself - I expect Jim used a chinese firm - you may have better luck with a UK sourced remote box. It's just a simple switch box. 

CAI was on my list too - a tip - only go BOE. Radium throw up EML issues. BOE are just within the right AMF sensor threshold range, and won't throw an EML. 

The downside of that exhaust is as it no longer has a cat, the only cats are within the manifolds (same as the V6 Exige and Evora S - only early models of the Evora had the rear cat). What that means is you won't be able to replace the manifolds without also getting a rear cat and removing the rear pipe. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My new acquisition. Can't believe I've finally got one! 

Are we talking about Racing Green Lotus'?  Here's the most recent one of it being clean, at Caffeine & Machine. 8,300 miles in five months means it's rarely clean! 

Some impressiones from the Nürburgring 26-27.07.20 (driver corse XL Nordschleife) in the third photo you can see the vehicles of my training group there were a total of 20 groups.  

Posted Images

That's what I was thinking, it should be possible to find a supplier for a remote controller box so I don't have to bother Jim but it would be useful to have a wiring diagram and know what voltage it needs/outputs. Sadly the manifold/cat issue is academic at the moment without a small lottery win but I figured I would be needing one of Jim's sports cats as well as the manifold to replace the decat pipe where the 3rd cat used to be.

Doh! Did you try with the DPM turned off?

Car looks great btw :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, Colin G said:

No, I don't mind it as it is really.

.......and the mounting bolts are quite close to the edges so you'd have a couple of nice holes to plug in the face of the bumper.

17 minutes ago, Colin G said:

The mounting bracket has a fairly small footprint fixing wise David, smaller than the old one I'm sure?

The plastic section of the mount is quite small, but it has a metal plate on which the number plate itself is stuck. 30 seconds with a friendly machine shop fixed that problem for me :)

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Sorry, replied to the wrong person @Colin G . I have a Dremel which I am sure would have done a job, but I preferred it to be done quickly and neatly so went to my friendly local shop who can do a neat and tidy job very quickly where I'd probably have spent ages making good.

Also is it just me or have a lot of the photos here stopped working? All of Colin's I could see ten minutes ago and now the links are broken?

James Martin (JayEmm)

Whatever happens, don't ever look in the forum info & help section! 

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/82301-images-broken/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Go and fiddle with some electric string! 

• Like 1

Evora NA

2 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Colin have you considered getting a smaller number plate for the front of your car?

Hate to be a party pooper, but aren't the diddy number plates illegal? The lettering has to be a specific size acording to DVLA document INF104 Vehicle registration numbers and number plates. I've got a private plate on mine so I don't want small lettering anyway. :lol:

Plates with the black background and silver/white lettering are also illegal on any motor registered from 1973 onwards; I always find it strange when people put that type of plate on a modern car because I think it looks silly.

Numberplate rules.jpg

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Ah, I did not know Amazon pics were site hosted.

I do believe the gold phone has now been wired in at Chateau Bibs should I need to contact him :)

James Martin (JayEmm)

You can make a legal plate smaller, by minimising all spaces. 11+79+11 tall for example. Where as "normal" plates are taller. It's normally 111mm high.

not to mention width of plate, if using less than current 7 digits

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

@EuropaSman I believe my plate is completely legal - at least I was sold it as such. It might not look it in pictures but the letters are the normal size, but because there are less of them I can have a smaller plate. The border is still legal as is spacing as far as I know.

I am sure plod will tell me if I am wrong!

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Bibs changed the title to Evora Picture & Video Thread