free hit
counters
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 9 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hmmm. Can't watch here as work net nanny blocks U-tube & similar. Damn. censored.gif Will have to wait and wonder for another 12 days unless somebody posts a still shot.cheers.gif

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
:thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:D

post-1-0-09488400-1334584965.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Nice photograph & composition Boss. :unworthy:

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Er... I'll try and find the time, sometime when home but life a bit too mental these days. I only seem to have hours at home a month. I did post some low res ones in the original post though.

Just to pop in so I can vent, that's Chrome Orange. Why they discontinued that and Burnt Orange is beyond me. Particularly since they have so many medium to dark colors in the palette.

Chrome Orange really pops, particularly with dark wheels, and has such fine particles it's almost pearlescent. Burnt Orange is more muted, with bigger flake and color shift, depending on angle, almost yellow/green to dark orange/medium red. See this in HD at 2:20...

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I might be wrong but many car manufacturers have been badly hit with bright metallics due to last years tsunami. It wiped out the biggest paint manufacturer in the world for car metallics. I was told you can still get to special order though but maybe old info.

I feel for some manufacturers. Take range Rover with the Evoque. Much of the pre launch photography that appeared in catalogues and such like was with colours that became unavailable by the time of the car launch in Sept 11. When we ordered in June 11 the brochure showed colours that were later made unavailable by a flyer stuck in the brochure. They like Lotus compensated with more choice of bloody silver and grey shades. I guess that is why so many white Evoques about! One of the few bright colours left and IMO the car does not suit the dark colours. (Yup - we have white!)

• 3 weeks later...

hi chaps, here's a new / rare colour for you. i believe it may be velvet ? thoughts?

That is Velvet Red. Best pics I have seen of the color. The other 2 cars I have seen one at Galpin in LA and the other at Murray in Ecosse just don't do the color justice.

I really like it (and I better because I have ordered an Evora in that color).

Many of the current Lotus Palette just can't be appreciated in photos. When I placed my order I looked at the Lotus issued paint samples that are real paint on a large plastic pinwheel. Velvet Red, Autumn Bronze, Sienna Brown, Nightfall Blue and Amethyst Grey in particular look completely different in person and it also makes a difference what the light source and angle are.

For Velvet Red in the showroon which was dimly lit with Flourescent light the color sample looked like Black Cherry gloss. In full sunlight with the card bent the sample suddenly had depth and was pearlescent and shimmery and significantly lightened up.

Thanks for posting those pics I like the color more every time I see it (though I hope not too many others appreciate it as I do since I'd like my car to be a rare color)

WHen mine finally gets built I'll try to get some good full sunlight pics and add to the thread.

Kyle Kaulback

• Bibs changed the title to Evora Picture & Video Thread
  • Bibs featured this topic
  • Bibs unfeatured this topic
  • Bibs unpinned this topic
  • Bibs pinned this topic