free hit
counters
Lotus Racing Website - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Racing Website

Bibs

http://www.lotusracing.my

What do you think? Good/bad? Easy to use, hard to use? What do you like and dislike?

Feedback is going to the team, your thoughts would be appreciated :ice:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah !

I like it a lot - tons of nice info, images and vids. The team T-shirt looks nice too - got to have one of those.

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

I enjoyed looking at it. It is easy to use, informative and has good links to the partners/sponsors.

I particularly liked the clarity of the graphics on the Calendar page showing the tracks.

The "Meet Your Team - The Management" bios were interesting but I was not left feeling entirely sure where the boundaries were between all of the participants roles and responsibilities but that may be because I don't talk 'management speak'. However, this is a fan site and there will be a lot of people like me who will feel a little confused by the descriptions.

The only poor point for me was the slightly blurred text in the dropdown info bubbles on the steering wheel page. Maybe a change in the typeface or an increase in point size could address this?

Suggestion: How about having and area/page along the lines of "A day In The Life Of:-" eg Our Trucker, Our Brake Technician, Our Hospitality Manager, Our Storemen etc etc which would introduce us to the people who do not normally get featured in the usual coverage of a GP team?

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

As the others said, it's easy and intuitive to use and looks nice. It also loads quickly which is a good thing.

I particularly like the steering wheel function description page but I struggled to read the script. I put this down to my age and the fact that I've not long been up.

I would like some more background information on the team members. Not the management but the engineers, mechanics, truck drivers, caterers, press agents, all those behind-the-scenes people who make it happen and some information on the factory such as pictures of the shop, where it is, etc. but it's an excellent starting point. SpeedTV were talking about one of the crew during the coverage of Monaco qualifying and that sort of getting to know the team members makes them seem more real.

Did anyone notice the page that tells you where to send your cv, hidden under the "media" tab?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

OK, I guess this goes back to the team so here's some critical feedback from someone responsible (in the past) for big global sites.

Overall the layout is clear and simple. The information structure is in the main good with mostly obvious labeling for the navigation menus. Material is obviously good quality with a high degree of originality. The links with social media should help build community and are appropriate for the content.

Some things to look at changing from a usability perspective:

1) The big-one! The site does not seem to be viewable on a large proportion of alternative & mobile devices due to it's flash-only nature. Given the percentage of web access on mobile devices in Asia I would have thought this would affect the target market disproportionately. I guess it is also not readable by screen-readers which presents a big disability access issue. There are ways of getting round both whilst still providing flash content for those who can view it, mainly by having replacement pages which are given when flash isn't available. Have a look at www.siemens.com for a demonstration of how to do it well.

2) The flash-built scroll bar is confusing from a usability perspective. We think of scroll bars as scrolling the area to the left and of the same vertical dimension as the bar. This site's doesn't work this way as the screen is liquid between header and footer whilst scroll bar is fixed. Scrolling is also not possible with a scroll wheel - as it doesn't respond with this method (and there is an obvious footer) many users will likely presume there is nothing left to see.

3) I wasn't keen on the Shop launching a new window with new navigation. The effect of launching new windows is often to indicate leaving the original site (and to another organisation). If so you need to state the relationship on the company information page. I would prefer the shop to be integrated with the main site but at the minimum there should be something noting it will open in a new window.

Some content things:

1) It would be great if there was a section of 'Lotus Racing in the media' - an online clippings section. I thought that this might be what was held under Media. This is the one area where labeling isn't brilliant. All the other sections describe what is under the heading, Media describes who the section is for.

2) I would like a wallpaper but they're all too small. In fact, looking at the statistics available on screen-size, they might be too small for about 50% of computer users

3) The news page should have an RSS easily available.

Hope that helps.

Website is great but could include more shots from the factory in Hingham! Transform the audio podcast into video podcast.

The news section should be on the home page and bigger than the tiny window it has now!

Thanks, that's great. Any more please guys?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just to concur with what others have said about access on mobile devices. I use a netbook pretty much exclusively now and on my 10" screen the site is utterly unusable. I can't even sign up for the newsletter :-(

Ian

• 3 months later...

New site on the way soon!

http://www.lotusracing.my/

Evora NA

New website should have been launched this week end!

However four races from the end I think they have two or three options!

-bring back the "old" website

-provide fans a minimal web 2.0 site/blog!

-bring the new website knowing fully that they'll have to change again very soon

I know it's just a website and should not be that time consuming but considering all the rebranding switching from Lotus Racing to team lotus!

It would not be surprising if they were to keep the webpage they have now and just update with news and link to twitter, flicker and facebook!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New website...

http://www.teamlotus.co.uk

Looks like the last one!

Evora NA