free hit
counters
Classic Team Lotus Festival 2010 - Page 5 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Massive drinks and bbq at the campsite?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Will show my face there tomorrow evening then! I am assuming there will be no restrictions on entry after a certain time in the evening, or do you think you could just flash your Sunday ticket?

Have a nice camping & BBQ TLF :wallbash:

I really missed this time :thumbsup:

Yasuo

Our advance party has secured some land in the orange public camping. Look out for Pilko's waspy on arrival :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Here at Snett. Exactly the same camping spot as last year. The weather is pants at the moment!

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

We'll be with you shortly Piggy, did you hook up with Lord Pilkington?

Here's his tent to make him easier to spot...

AmaniKhas+Tent+Interior.jpg

Evora NA

Hmmm. Your not wrong. His lordship is in the next field with Jeff :thumbsup:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Weather is pants! Ho Hum.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Engine went Pop? Crikey! Hope it's not too serious mate.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Was really looking forward to this event. A customer decided to move office this weekend as well, so! must stay home to do the job.

Thought that Yasou would show the flag? Guess he is stuck in some concrete!

Have lot's of fun and enjoy!

See you next time

/Kim

Ps: Cameron - Denmark 1-2

/Kim 

Just back from a very very cold and wet Snetterton. Had a great time though, BBQ and beer with good company. Jeez it's like the middle of winter out there!

Outstanding, one of the best events I've ever been to, just brilliant!

Pics will be in the gallery shortly. :thumbsup:

Evora NA

Yep apart from the weather it was a dam good day,seeing the JPS cars on track was brill,and also seeing essex esprit 004 was dam good as well(lotus esprit at its very best),my camera was working over time:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Twas an excellent weekend. The weather was awfull and sooooooooooooooooo cold. As usual the sun shine came out on the way home and it was glorious. Its a bit rum getting sunburnt on the way home. :thumbsup:

To those we missed saying goodbye to, our apologies. In particular, His Pilkoness and Jeff, Martyn and Colin :wallbash:

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Super weekend Sian had a great time and promises she'll bring more marshmallows next year. Thanks to everyone.

Only down side for me was that the flex joint on the exhaust intermediate pipe went on the way home.. Bibs this is what I was shouting to you on the M25 and why my car was making more noise than yours but only going a third of the speed either side of the Dartford River Crossing.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

We left at 7:30ish here

Got to the turn off at ~9:45 JAMMED SOLID A11

Sat in fraffic for about 1hr30mins moved about 10 car lengths so I stopped and got out to have a walk - the ques were enourmous stretching both ways off the A11 - definatly thought Norfolk's finest would come along and prevent people leaving the road.

What was happening was that people thought they could get in but the traffic was completely standstill and they ended up blocking both lanes

@ about 11:30 I walked back to the car (my mate was driving) and he had moved about 10 feet, people were stopping me and asking WTF was going on and why the traffic wasn't moving - I guessed there would be 1 person on the gate or something....typical Lotus event organisation and underestimation of the volume of people trying to get in. Loads of people (some Lotus'd up, others in dailys) were really upset and had been there much longer than us (we were about a mile deep in the jam).

So I gots backs to the car and we has a little team huddle and decide, based on our current speed we would make it to the gate at about 1pm (proba about 1.5 miles away, it really was THAT SLOW) and whether to jack it or risk getting in and wasting a £30 ticket on a 3 hr show + missing the F1 which was the only reason to go.

So we decided to go the 140 miles back home empty handed and have it out with the organisers, I'm not going to say too much but on the way back we managed to pull a few 'manouvers' and on the way back managed to get right to the very front of the ticket gate in under 5 minutes...amazing...we both just sat there aghast at what we had just achieved, and circumvented EASILY 90mins of queing to get to the entrance - so in the end we got in at about 11:45 just to catch the start of the classic racing and then the T127 + classic F1 which is what we had travelled for anyways :fun:

Ironicly if we had stayed in line we would have missed it, the decision to head home meant we got to 'find' our way in - lo and behold 1 person on the gate - pathetic but not suprising on the organiser's behalf, they let a LOT of people down and cuased a lot of disruption on that road I can tell you, not just me (cus we got in) but there were some furious people in that jam, fans who had made long journies.

Anyways, battery ran out on the phone so couldn't call - we found a wicket photo spot and just owned it for the whole day, no effing way we were going to let that one slip after our journey.

Best F1 show I've seen, the classic parades (more like racing at times) was superb - Kovalienan and Fauzy RACING in two classic F1 cars was amazing, plus the weather held out.

Victory, duly snatched from the dripping jaws of defeat :(

It was so good we're trying to invent a new word for it :wallbash:

Seriously though someone needs to have a word with the piss poor organising of Lotus meets, this was a full replay of what happened at Hethel a few years back when the plod closed the road.

It's not fair on people, esp who I spoke to on my walkabout, that travelled with kids a long way only to be forced away - and quite a few did U turn and leave :thumbsup:

facebook = [email protected]

The trick is to arrive Saturday. Camp, drink. barby and be merry:cheers:

Edited by rocket63

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Jeeze Jon, Lotus don't have any influence over the organisation of third party events held at racetracks they don't own. Poor planning mate, leave earlier!